This story was updated on Thursday, March 5, 2020, to state the Chattanooga Brewing Co. and Girl Scout cookie pairing will be on March 15 and not March 14 like a previous version stated.
It's Girl Scout cookie time and as you might expect, technology and a little marketing creativity have made finding them easier. There are also more choices when it comes to choosing which cookies to get.
First, the girlscout.com website has a "Find Cookies" menu option. You simply type in your ZIP code, and it brings up a list of places where you can buy cookies on certain dates. You can find them at WanderLinger Brewing Co. on King Street on March 14 and Bleu Fox Cheese Shop on East Main Street on March 20, for example.
One of the places that will have them is the Dunkin' on Ringgold Road on March 7, but the bigger news might be that the chain has brought back coffee flavors inspired by the Coconut Caramel (Samoas) and Thin Mints cookies.
And if you want to get a little more creative with your choice of beverage, Chattanooga Brewing Co. on Chestnut Street will be pairing three of its craft beers with a sampling of Girl Scout cookies on March 15. For $15, patrons will get three 5-ounce pours of beer with six cookies. Also, a table will be set up with Girl Scout cookies for sale.
Proceeds from sales of Girl Scout cookies stay local. Chattanooga-area Girl Scouts are part of the Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians, numbering more than 15,000 girl and adult members in 46 counties from southwest Virginia through East Tennessee and North Georgia. Nationally, the Girl Scouts is more than 2.5 million members strong.
Contact Barry Courter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-757-6354.
Meet the cookies
* Do-si-dos: Oatmeal sandwich cookies with peanut butter filling.
* Girl Scout S’mores: Graham cracker sandwich cookies with chocolate and marshmallow filling.
* Lemon-Ups: Crispy lemon cookies inscribed with motivational messages.
* Samoas: Crisp cookies topped with caramel, coconut and chocolate stripes.
* Tagalongs: Crispy cookies layered with peanut butter and covered with a chocolaty coating.
* Thin Mints: Crispy chocolate wafers dipped in a mint fudge coating.
* Toffee-tastic: Buttery cookies with bits of toffee.
* Trefoils: Shortbread.