What dad wouldn't appreciate a gift card to his favorite restaurant for Father's Day? And just think how proud he'd be if you got a bonus when you bought it.
Here's a look at some of the promotions being offered at area restaurants around Father's Day. You could use them for any occasion really, but why not treat dear old dad.
We've also included some favorite menu items and new dishes you might want to try while you're out.
Remember that participation may vary by location.
* APPLEBEE'S: Through June 27, buy a $50 gift card for dad and get a free $10 bonus card for you (bonus card valid through Aug. 8).
To try: Quesadilla Burger and fries. This bicultural creation starts with a hamburger patty topped with Pepper Jack cheese, Mexi-ranch sauce, Applewood-smoked bacon, house-made pico de gallo and shredded lettuce, encased in a Cheddar quesadilla.
* BASKIN-ROBBINS: Two specialty cakes have dads in mind: The Cold One Cake, a returning favorite, is decorated to look like a frothy mug of beer. The new Oreo Ice Cream Cookies & Scoops Cake features three Oreo ice cream cookie sandwiches and three scoops of ice cream: mint chocolate chip, Gold Medal Ribbon and rainbow sherbet. The icing is also Oreo-infused, and there's a fudge border with a chocolate drizzle along the edge.
To try: If you just want scoops, try Summertime Lime, the flavor of the month, topped with a splash of the new Sour Berry Slime.
* BUFFALO WILD WINGS: Through June 20, buy $30 in gift cards and get a $5 e-bonus to use June 21-July 31.
To try: Go big with the Family XL Bundle, with 20 traditional wings, 20 boneless wings and fries, enough to feed the extended family.
* THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY: Get a $30 bonus e-card with every $100 gift card purchased online through June 20.
To try: Well, cheesecake. Maybe even start with dessert.
* CHILI'S: June 19-21, the 6-ounce sirloin and the lunch portion of chicken fajitas are on the 3-for-$10 menu, a deal that also comes with a nonalcoholic drink and a starter. Also, you can get a free $10 e-bonus card when you buy a $50 gift card.
To try: Splurge on dessert to make that 3-for-$10 a three-course meal. You can't go wrong with the Molten Chocolate Cake, a volcano-shaped creation with a chocolate cake base, a molten chocolate center and a scoop of vanilla ice cream encased in a chocolate shell on top.
* EINSTEIN BROS. BAGELS: Buy a plastic or digital gift card before June 21 and get a 20% discount on your purchase. Through Father's Day, loyalty members can enjoy $2 off fan-favorite breakfast sandwiches.
To try: The new Texas Brisket Egg Sandwich, with smoked beef brisket, eggs and cheddar with smoky chipotle aioli. It comes on the new jalapeno bacon gourmet bagel.
* FIREBIRDS: Buy $100 in gift cards and receive a free $20 bonus to use June 21-July 31.
To try: If you're eating in, the slow-roasted prime rib will be served all day. Or pick up the 21-day aged steaks to grill at home.
* FIREHOUSE SUBS: Get a free medium sub when you buy a medium or large sub, chips and drink (with coupon on Facebook).
To try: The new Pepperoni Pizza Meatball Sub, a lineup of Italian meatballs, crispy pepperoni, an extra dose of provolone cheese, marina sauce and Italian seasoning on a toasted garlic bread sub roll.
* FIRST WATCH: Through June 20, buy $100 in gift cards and get $20 in Bonus Bucks to treat yourself.
To try: Million Dollar Bacon, four slices of the signature hardwood-smoked bacon baked with brown sugar, black pepper, cayenne and a drizzle of maple syrup.
* HOOTERS: Get $5 in Bonus Bucks with any $25 gift card purchase. Bonus Bucks can be redeemed June 21-July 21.
To try: Hooters' customers show up for the wings, right? Besides the original flavor, you can order them smoked, roasted, naked, boneless and Daytona Beach style, flavored with a signature sauce.
* IHOP: Through July 25, purchase $25 in gift cards and get a $5 bonus card (expires Oct. 24).
To try: Gotta get the pancakes — the full stack of five or the short stack of three.
* LOGAN'S ROADHOUSE: Through June 20, spend $50 on physical or digital gift cards and receive a $10 bonus card, good through July 31, in your email.
To try: The new Loaded Pulled Pork Waffle Fries. They're seasoned with a Smokehouse BBQ blend and loaded with hand-pulled pork, cheddar cheese, jalapeños and green onions, then drizzled with Roadhouse Ranch.
* MCALISTER'S DELI: Through June 29, with any $25 gift card purchase, get a $5 eReward Card that may be redeemed June 30-Aug. 31.
To try: The tea. McAlister's is known for it. Sure, it's tasty, that sweetened brew of orange pekoe black tea leaves poured over ice. But did you know it's also Rainforest Alliance certified and specially filtered?
* MILLER'S ALE HOUSE: Through June 27, get a $5 bonus card when you buy $35 in gift cards (bonus valid July 1-Aug. 31).
To try: An entree called Dad's Homemade Meatloaf is sure to be a Father's Day favorite. This signature dish is served with mashed potatoes and brown gravy and topped with onion rings.
* MOE'S SOUTHWEST GRILL: Kids under 12 eat free on Sundays at Moe's (in store only, participating locations).
To try: Hmm, the queso or the guac? How about the queso AND the guac? Both come with bottomless tortilla chips.
* RED LOBSTER: Through June 30, receive a $10 bonus coupon (good in July and August) for every $50 spent on gift cards.
To try: Let Dad rule the day with the Admiral's Feast, a platter of fried shrimp, bay scallops, clam strips and whitefish. And tell your server to keep the Cheddar Bay Biscuits coming.
* RED ROBIN: Through June 21, receive a $5 bonus when you buy $25 in gift cards.
To try: Bacon Jammin' Wings. Available for a limited time, these bone-in or boneless chicken wings are topped with a savory-sweet bacon jam, bacon crumbles, cherry peppers and a barbecue brown sugar glaze, served on a bed of Yukon kettle chips.
* RUTH'S CHRIS STEAKHOUSE: Through June 22, receive a 25% bonus on online gift card purchases of $200 or more. Restaurants will open early for Father's Day; reservations are recommended.
To try: See what Dad can do with the Tomahawk Ribeye, a 40-ounce bone-in ribeye.