* Meditation concert: Pianist Tim Hinck presents his annual solstice meditation concert, a chance to evaluate and reset before Christmas, at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 22, at St. Peter's Episcopal Church, 848 Ashland Terrace. The event includes tea for sipping and the music of Chopin, Clara Schumann, Debussy and Bach. Free admission, but donations in support of Hinck's Counterpoint concert series will be accepted at the door.
* Christmas music, play: Friendship Baptist Church of Hixson, 1005 Gadd Road, will have special Christmas music in the 11 a.m. service Sunday, Dec. 22, and the play "An Old-Fashioned Christmas" at 6 p.m.
* Blue Christmas: A service for those who are struggling through dark times is set for 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 22, at First Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 1505 N. Moore Road. The event provides "a place of acceptance for where we are, while holding out hope for what is to come through Christ."
* Christmas Eve: First Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 1505 N. Moore Road, will have a carols and candlelight service, with choirs, strings, brass and bells, at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24. Prelude begins at 10:30 p.m.
* Christmas Eve: Red Bank United Methodist Church, 3800 Dayton Blvd., will have its Christmas Eve candlelight Communion service at 5 and 7 p.m. Dec. 24. 423-877-2881.
* Christmas Eve, Day: Anglican Church of the Redeemer, 104 McBrien Road, has scheduled its Christmas Eve service at 5:30 p.m., preceded at 5 p.m. by "Prelude: Songs of the Season" featuring Mike Bunting, the Maestros group, organist and pianist Jim Fry and guest soloist Christine Hassevoort. Christmas Day worship is at 10:30 a.m. www.redeemerchattanooga.org.
* Kwanzaa: Eastdale Village Community United Methodist Church, 1403 Tunnel Blvd., will have its annual Kwanzaa celebration at 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 28. Free admission.
To be included in Faith Briefs, send information to Life@timesfreepress.com. Listings must be sent by Wednesday morning each week.