The Tennessee Valley Authority is buttoning up its campgrounds for the winter, according to a news release.
TVA campgrounds that will close on Nov. 15 are:
• Cherokee Dam Campground - Cherokee Reservoir, Tenn.
• Douglas Dam Headwater Campground - Douglas Reservoir, Tenn.
• Foster Falls Campground - Marion County, Tenn.
• Melton Hill Dam Campground - Melton Hill Reservoir, Tenn.
• Barton Springs Campground - Normandy Reservoir, Tenn.
• Watauga Dam Tailwater Campground - Watauga Reservoir, Tenn.
• Mallard Creek Campground - Wheeler Reservoir, Ala.
• Wilson Dam Rockpile Campground - Wilson Reservoir, Ala.
TVA campgrounds that will close on Dec. 12 are:
• Douglas Dam Tailwater Campground - Douglas Reservoir, Tenn.
• Pickwick Dam Tailwater Campground - Pickwick Reservoir, Tenn.
Day-use recreation areas at dams are open year round for hiking, fishing, boating, picnicking, wildlife viewing and swimming.
For more information, call 800-882-5263 or visit www.tva.com/river/recreation.