ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
some text
Chattanooga firefighters put out a fire at a St. Elmo house Tuesday afternoon.
map

Chattanooga firefighters were called to a St. Elmo house Tuesday afternoon after a man tripped a breaker attempting to install a washer and dryer. 

When the man turned the breaker back on, wiring caught fire. The fire spread inside the wall, so the man and another person evacuated the house and called 911. 

When firefighters arrived on the scene, the fire had spread to the attic. Battalion Chief Chris Wilmore said the firefighters quickly cut into the walls and contained the fire. He said they put the fire out in five to ten minutes. 

The dollar loss was estimated at $4,000, and the cause was ruled accidental, likely the result of an electrical malfunction. No injuries were reported. 

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT