When the funeral for Navy Petty Officer Randall Smith ends Tuesday afternoon, the city of Chattanooga has announced the procession's route.
* From First Baptist Church of Fort Oglethorpe, the funeral procession will drive north on LaFayette Road.
* The procession will take a right on Battlefield Parkway, heading east.
* The procession will then take Interstate 75 heading north. When the highway splits with Interstate 24, the procession will continue on I-75. Eventually, the procession will exit onto Highway 153.
* The procession will loop around the city, exiting onto Amnicola Highway.
* From Amnicola, the procession will head south before turning left onto Wilcox Boulevard.
* The procession will continue on Wilcox Boulevard, heading east, until it reaches Holtzclaw Avenue.
* The procession will turn right on Holtzclaw Avenue, heading south. They will enter the Chattanooga National Cemetery from that side.
* In Fort Oglethorpe, LaFayette Road will be closed in front of the church beginning at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
* Holtzclaw Avenue will be closed between Bailey Avenue and 12th Street beginning at 3 p.m.
* Highway 153 will be closed from 3:30 p.m. until after the procession passes through.
* The city has also advised driver to avoid Interstate 75 from Fort Oglethorpe to the split with Highway 153 from 3-4:30 p.m.
Access to the cemetery:
* Because much of Holtzclaw Avenue will be closed Tuesday afternoon, people interested in going to the cemetery to show support for Smith's family can take a shuttle from Engel Stadium to the scene. CARTA will not be charging riders.