Cleveland Police Officer Jeff Griggs is being held in the Bradley County Jail tonight.
A deputy at the jail confirmed Griggs was arrested on a charge of violating an order of protection. This is the second time in four days that Griggs has been arrested.
Griggs, a forensic technician in the Criminal Investigation Division of the Cleveland Police Department, was arrested on Saturday and charged with domestic violence, according to the affidavit in McMinn County General Sessions Court. He was released that same day on a $1,000 bond.
Griggs was charged after his wife, Cindy Griggs, told McMinn County deputies he bit her fingers when she swiped the memory card from his camera after he caught her in the car with then-Cleveland Police Chief Dennis Maddux. According to Griggs' complaint for divorce, filed Monday, he covertly photographed Maddux and his wife kissing.
* Cleveland police chief demoted to former post without investigation
* Police chief was kissing cop's wife in car, divorce complaint states
* Altercation with officer prompts removal of Cleveland, TN police chief after only one day on the job
* Cop arrested after he took photos of wife with police chief
* New police chief named in Cleveland
Stay with the Times Free Press for updates as they become available.