Investigators search for evidence at the scene after a triple-stabbing at Springbrook Apartments on Thursday, April 21, 2016, in Cleveland, Tenn. Two are dead and a third critically wounded in the stabbing, and Cleveland police say a suspect is in custody.

This is a developing story. Check back with the Times Free Press for updates.

There is always some kind of drama going on in this apartment complex.
some text Two people were killed and a third was in critical condition Thursday after a triple stabbing in Cleveland, Tenn.
some text 24-year-old Stephen Jacob Reed was arrested in connection to a stabbing April 21 in Cleveland. Two mothers were killed in the stabbing, and a third victim is in critical condition.

Two women are dead and a man is in critical condition after a triple stabbing at Springbrook Apartments in Cleveland, Tenn.

Crystal York, 35, and Crystal Canino, 33 were killed in the attack, while 35-year-old Anthony Beck is in critical condition at Erlanger hospital, according to police. 

Police arrested 24-year-old Stephen Jacob Reed after the stabbing, which officials say happened at about 11:45 a.m. at at 2360 Blackburn Road. 

Reed, who is also known as Stephen Jacob Gaddis, has been charged with two counts of second-degree murder and one count of attempted second-degree murder, according to police. 

One victim died at the scene, another was airlifted via Erlanger's Life Force, and another was taken away by ambulance. One victim died after being transported.

A witness said he saw a handcuffed man put into an ambulance, and that the man had a 'hole in his back.' Police could not immediately say whether Reed was injured when he was arrested. Other witnesses said Reed was covered in blood. 

Nearby, a neighbor said he knew the people involved in the stabbings, and claimed they were involved with drugs. If true, it is unclear whether drugs played a part in the violence. 

TJ Bradford, who says his fiancee called 911, said that a man came to the door begging for help, stabbed in the stomach and bloody. He was knocking on doors in the complex with his foot. 

"There is always some kind of drama going on in this apartment complex," said Bradford, who would like to move out because he says police are always being called to the area.

Blythe-Bower Elementary was locked down initially, but that lockdown was lifted at 1 p.m. after a suspect was taken into custody.

Police are unsure of motive and relation between victims and suspect.

"We can't rush this investigation. We might be here for hours," said Sgt. Evie West.