ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Firefighters work to put out a blaze Monday evening at a vacant home on South Willow Street.
map

A fire Monday evening at a vacant home on South Willow Street damaged the house and sent a firefighter to a hospital for heat exhaustion, a news release states.

Chattanooga Fire Department officers put out the fire at the 1002 S. Williow St. home in under 15 minutes. The firefighter suffering from heat exhaustion was treated at Erlanger hospital and expected to be released, fire department Public Information Officer Bruce Garner said.

The fire mostly was contained to the home's first floor, with smoke and heat damage upstairs, Capt. David Thompson said. 

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT