A memorial has been erected on the parking lot were, according to Chattanooga Police, the body of a 11-month old child was discovered in this parking lot at the corner of Wilcox and Tunnel Blvd. on July 9, 2017.

This is a developing story.


A father charged with homicide for the hot car death of his infant child has been arrested before on child abuse and neglect charges. 

The father, Travis McCullough, 30, was previously arrested in August 2012 on charges of child abuse and neglect, according to the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office.

He faces charges of criminal homicide and three counts of aggravated assault for yesterday's incident.

Two other young children, who were dirty, malnourished and showed signs of abuse have been taken by Child Protective Services, according to police.

The children's mother, Jessica Tollett, was charged with three counts of child abuse and has a $300,000 bond.

She was also charged with child abuse and neglect in 2012, according to Right2Know

McCullough was arrested early Sunday morning and taken to the Hamilton County Jail. He has a $1 million bond.

The woman who called police to report an 11-month-old's death said she heard the father cry for help, according to an arrest affidavit.

The woman told police she was driving by The Buffalo Shack on Tunnel Boulevard when she stopped to help Travis McCullough on Saturday evening. When she got out of her car, he "tossed the lifeless victim who was completely unclothed into her arms and fled the scene," the affidavit states.

"[McCullough] left, went over to the gas station, got gas in his car and took off," Chattanooga Police Department spokeswoman Elisa Myzal said. "There are family members that he dropped the other two kids off to that then showed back up with those kids. How did those kids survive all day in a car? Nobody knows right now because after answering a few questions, dad lawyered up. It was not established whether he let them out, they got out, or left for a time."

some text
Travis McCullough, left, and Jessica Tollett were both charged after one of their children died and two others were hospitalized after being left in a hot car while the father worked at The Buffalo Shack.

Stay with the Times Free Press for more information.