Two people who were asleep in an RV when a fire broke out have been transported to a local hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
Chattanooga firefighters responded at 12:43 p.m. Saturday to the fire on the 3000 block of E. 34th St. at East Lake Park, according to a news release.
Battalion Chief Lesley Morgan reported that the two victims managed to escape the RV but appeared to be suffering from smoke inhalation. Their injuries did not appear to be life-threatening, he added.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, but damage to the vehicle was extensive, the release states.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.