CORRECTION: This story has been updated to correct an error made by the state's reporting system. Wood Dale Health and Rehabilitation did not have any employees test positive for COVID-19. The state has updated its report to reflect these changes.

A nursing home in Rossville, Georgia, is reporting that 52 people there have tested positive for the coronavirus.

Thirty residents and 22 staff members at NHC HealthCare Rossville have tested positive for COVID-19 as the facility has implemented widespread testing.

The facility has been updating its own cases on its website as it reports cases to the Georgia Department of Health.

The facility's report also said none of the 52 people have recovered yet from the virus, and none of the 30 residents have been hospitalized.

The state reports the facility in Rossville has a total of 92 residents.

NHC Rossville has not responded to a request for comment.

Nursing homes and other long-term care facilities have been hit hard by the global pandemic in the Chattanooga region.

As of Tuesday, 1,018 residents of these facilities have died due to the coronavirus. That is 48% of all deaths across Georgia.

In Georgia, 5,938 residents and 2,496 staff members have tested positive for COVID-19 at 411 different facilities.

Eleven residents have died at the Calhoun Health Care Center nursing home in Gordon County due to the coronavirus.

The Georgia Department of Public Health reports 53 people have tested positive at the nursing home that has a total of 64 residents as Tuesday. Of the 53 positive cases, 16 are employees.

Elsewhere in Northwest Georgia, one resident at Shepherd Hills in LaFayette has tested positive.

In Dalton, three employees and one resident at Regency Park Health and Rehabilitation and two staff members at Morningside of Dalton have tested positive.

Two staff members have tested positive at Gordon Health and Rehab in Calhoun.

Four employees and one resident originally tested positive at Dade Health and Rehab in Trenton but were tested a second time and the results came back negative.

The facility's administrator, Trina Massengale, said the first batch of tests ended up being false positives.

Contact Patrick Filbin at or 423-757-6476. Follow him on Twitter @PatrickFilbin.