This story was updated at 4:25 p.m. on Tuesday, June 9, 2020, with more information.
The following is a list of road closures in the near future released by the Chattanooga Department of Transportation.
Walnut Street Bridge
The Walnut Street Bridge will be closed Wednesday, June 10 until Friday, June 12th from 8 a.m until 4:30 p.m. daily for tree cutting. Market Street or Veterans Bridge are recommended detours during this time.
Station Street will be closed Friday from 5 p.m. until Sunday at 4 p.m. to allow for outdoor dining by area restaurants. CDOT is working to help businesses comply with social distancing requirements by providing the extra room in our public space.
Reggie White Boulevard
Reggie White Boulevard will be closed Sundaysjws from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. for the Chattanooga Essentials Market to enhance social distancing measures. CDOT is working to help businesses comply with social distancing requirements by providing the extra room in our public space
Beginning Tuesday, June 16 through Friday, June 19, the 500 block of Wauhatchie Pike will be closed at the Norfolk Southern / CSX crossing due to railroad construction. Detours utilizing Birmingham Highway will be posted.
The following locations will see occasional lane closures while undergoing repaving for the week of Monday, June 8 through Friday, June 12:
- Alexander Dr - Between Nurick Dr and Haywood Ave
- Lockwood Cir - Between Sleepy Hollow Rd and Lockwood Cir
- Lockwood Dr - Between Ozark Rd and Lockwood Ter
- McCahill Rd - Between Browntown Road's two intersections with McCahill Rd
- Nurick Dr - Between Folts Cir and Ozark Cir
- Social Cir - Between Ozark Rd and Haywood Ave
- Lake Resort Drive - Deep repair and paving - Between Hwy 153 and Northshore Dr
- Lawson St - Between Van Buren St and Hixson Pk
Expect minor delays as two-way traffic is maintained by flagging, according to the Chattanooga Department of Transportation.
The City of Collegedale is replacing two existing bridges on Prospect Church Road in the area of Darbo Lane, according to a news release. Prospect Church Road will be closed for the duration of the project from early June until late August 2020.
View CDOT's map of event and road closures for full details.