Chattanooga City Hall employees and visitors were evacuated from the building Wednesday morning after a reported gas leak, according to a news release.
Crews with the city's public works and fire departments, as well as staff from the Chattanooga Gas Company, responded to the scene just before 11:30 a.m., after several city hall employees detected a natural gas odor.
Now contained, the leak originated from a mechanical issue within the building's heating system, the news release states.
The city hall will remain closed to the public Wednesday and will re-open Thursday, Oct. 8. Those who need to conduct business with Chattanooga City Hall are encouraged to call 311 at (423) 643-6311 or visit cha.city/cityclosures.
Compiled by Kiara Green