With thousands of Chattanooga area residents vaccinated against COVID-19, many may have misplaced something that may soon be more important: their vaccination card.

As more businesses, venues and events announce vaccine requirements, here's what to do if you can't seem to find what you did with your card.

(READ MORE: Chattanooga restaurants addressing masks, vaccine mandates as COVID cases rise)

The Centers for Disease Control recommends that people in that situation first reach out to their vaccination providers, whether a local or national pharmacy or a health department, to see whether they can provide a record of the immunization.

If that doesn't work, state or local health departments should be able to help.

In Tennessee

According to Becky Barnes, administrator for the Hamilton County Health Department, getting a record of a vaccination is just a matter of contacting the state health department.

Residents can:

— Call the Tennessee Department of Health at 615-741-7247.

— Visit to request a record of immunization online.

— Call the Hamilton County COVID-19 hotline for additional assistance at 423-209-8383 from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday.


In Georgia

According to Logan Boss, the Northwest Georgia Health District spokesperson, residents can request new cards from any Georgia health department. The Northwest Georgia Health District has multiple locations and contacts including:

— Catoosa County: (706)406-2000.

— Chattooga County: (706) 857-3471.

— Dade County: (706) 657-4213.

— Walker County: (706) 638-5577.

More information can be accessed at


More tips

Boss also provided a few suggestions on what to do when you first get your card.

1. Take pictures of both sides of the card.

2. Avoid laminating it for now, in case booster shot information needs to be added at a later date.

3. Treat and store the card like any other important document, like a birth certificate or a Social Security card.

4. Avoid posting pictures of the card online, as it has personal information on it.

5. If the card is lost, don't panic, as there are ways to replace the record.