All of the following road closings are as of 9:00pm, Sunday evening.
TDOT incident management personnel are reporting icy conditions on some of the interstate overpasses in Chattanooga. Motorists are advised to avoid traveling if possible, but if they must travel they should exercise extreme caution.
TDOT maintenance crews will continue to work throughout the night until conditions improve.
The following roads are very icy but still open to traffic:
* Several areas North and South bound on HWY 58 are covered with black Ice
* Elder Mountain Road
* Isbill Road
* Kellys Ferry Road
* I-24 WB at Main Street
* Market Street Bridge
* Ridge Cut at I-24
* Lee Hwy between Highway 153 and Hickory Valley Road **** Bridge on Lee Highway over 153 is solid sheet of ice
* HWY 153 on the Dam all the way to 58 HWY is slick due to Ice
* Hwy 58 on and off ramps have Ice
* Hwy 111 coming into Chattanooga is solid sheet of ice
* Morrison Springs, Mountain Creek Road, and Dayton Blvd
* 4800 Brainerd Road at Moore Road is iced over.
Confirmed Road Closures at this time:
* Ochs Highway
* 200 Block of Tunnel Blvd
* HWY 27 at Highwater Road closed at this time due to a traffic crash and Ice
* W Road