Officials in Dade County are asking residents with no water or low water pressure to boil all water before using it for drinking, cooking or preparing baby food. Allow water to reach a rolling boil and let boil for at least one minute.

Residents should continue routinely to boil water until notified by their water utility that the water is safe for human consumption.


• Pikeville and Bledsoe County are trying to assemble 500 cleanup boxes. Needed are bleach, paper towels, toilet paper, powdered cleanser, liquid detergent, garbage bags, disenfectant wipes, baby wipes and protective gloves. Donations may be dropped off at First Southern Baptist Church on Main Street, or call 423-447-2849.

• Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson asks that storm recovery volunteers in Walker County report to Chattanooga Valley Baptist Church, 90 Nick-A-Jack Lane, Flintstone, Ga. Anyone wishing to donate water, refreshments or food may call or go to:

Walker County Civic Center, 10052 N. Highway 27, Rock Spring, Ga., 706-375-7702; Chattanooga Valley Baptist Church, 90 Nick-a-Jack Lane, Flintstone; Oakwood Baptist Church, 115 Oakwood Street, Chickamauga; Grace Community Church, 3885 Nick-a-Jack and 157, Lookout Mountain; LaFayette First Baptist Church, 201 North Main Street, LaFayette.

Needed items include:

Nonperishable food, bottled water and sports drinks, children's Tylenol, ibuprofen, antacids, pet food, diapers (adult and infant), adult and child underwear, hand sanitizer, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, gas cards, batteries, tarps, rolls of plastic, garbage bags, flashlights, work and sanitary gloves, fly strips, insect repellent, sunblock.

• Ringgold City Manager Dan Wright said the Northwest Georgia Conference of United Methodists are serving as volunteer disaster relief coordinators. Individuals or groups wishing to volunteer may call the volunteer coordinator at 706-935-2424 Ext. 1028.

• The Catoosa County Sheriff's Office is accepting bottled water for storm victims. Bring water to the office at 5842 Highway 41.

• Chattooga County residents may donate supplies at the library, the sheriff's office, Lyerly Town Hall and Trion Town Hall.

Clothing can be dropped off at the Trion Police Department. Items must be clean, new or very gently worn.

• In Bradley County, anyone who would like to volunteer with cleanup and construction efforts may call Bradley Baptist Association at 423-476-4953.

• Blood Assurance is asking anyone able to get to a blood center or bloodmobile to do so immediately. For more information, go to or call 423-756-0966.

• For help from the state of Georgia, call 404-656-1776.

• The Salvation Army is providing hot meals, water, and emotional and spiritual care in Bradley, Catoosa, Dade, Hamilton and Walker counties.

To donate, call 1-800-SAL-ARMY or Or text the word "give" to 80888 a $10 donation will appear on your cell phone bill.

• The American Red Cross of the Chattanooga Greater Area needs donations to provide shelter, food, emotional support and other disaster assistance. Visit or mail checks to: The Greater Chattanooga Area Chapter American Red Cross, 801 McCallie Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37403


• FEMA disaster assistance centers will open Tuesday at the Catoosa County Adult Learning Center on the Benton Place Campus in Ringgold and the Walker County Agricultural Center in Rock Spring. Hours are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.

For information, call 706-965-7138 or 706-965-7139.

Or file for assistance by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or by visiting People with hearing impairments may call 1-880-464-7585.

• Ringgold City Hall, 150 Tennessee St., is open today monday. Call 706-935-3061.

• The Catoosa County Administration Building, 800 LaFayette St., is open today. Call 706-965-2500.

• East Ridge has placed sanitation trucks at the East Ridge Traffic Control shop at 905 Yale St. behind Galen Medical building and Parkridge East Hospital for citizens to drop off spoiled food, etc., due to the power outage.

Normal garbage pickup service, along with brush and storm debris pickup, will continue today Monday but debris will take some time to completely clear. Stack brush on the side of the road but don't block roads.

• Catoosa County and Ringgold building inspection staff is reviewing structurally damaged buildings to make sure they are safe and habitable. All structurally damaged buildings must be inspected before they can be occupied.

To be placed on the inspection list, call the Catoosa County Help Line at 706-965-7138 or 706-965-7139.

• The American Red Cross of the Chattanooga Greater Area has developed the Safe and Well website so people can notify friends and relatives they are all right. Visit (English) or (Spanish)