There are so many things going on. Since I am on vacation, I'll just summarize:
- The TSA fired its head recently, as the agency's petulant slowdown in an attempt to get more funding caused airport security lines up to three hours long. Any unionized government agency cannot compete with the capabilities of the free market. Don't even ask how the TSA-run hedge fund has done.
- President Obama tried to celebrate the fifth anniversary of his "legacy," Obamacare. His staff brought him a rich white chocolate cake with five candles on it. Instead of blowing out the candles, he ordered a DOJ investigation, and then taxed and regulated the candles until they gave up on their own.
- North Carolina, Texas and other Southern states sued the Obama administration on its sudden obsession with, and intrusive guidelines on, transgender "rights." The first black president is having his federal government tell Southerners which bathrooms they can use. To us Southerners, this seems way too much like payback. He knows this type of transgender in-your-face stuff makes the GOP nuts, so he keeps doing it. In Obama's final executive action, I see him making the Village People's "YMCA" our national anthem.
- Obama continues pursuing his racial bucket list as a lame-duck president. He has now officially banned the words "Oriental" and "Negro" in federal documents. The decree briefly caused concern in Atlanta until rappers realized they do not write federal documents.
- One of the many corrupt world organizations, soccer's FIFA, endured further controversy this month. CFO Markus Kattner was forced to resign after it was found that he stole money. As with other soccer figures, when authorities came to arrest him, he collapsed to the floor and pretended to be hurt.
- Hillary takes criticism well — just not of herself — and facts become less and less important to her over time. She got word of a scathing State Department inspector general's report that confirms the illegality of what she did with her emails. She refused to be interviewed for this federal investigation and said that, if authorities want her to talk, they will have to do what everyone else does: pay the Clinton Foundation $350,000 in small, unmarked bills.
- Donald Trump still has not gained traction with Hispanics. Everyone presumes he will not do well with them in November because he wants to defend our borders and build a wall. Latinos even ridiculed him when he reached out to them on Cinco de Mayo with a tweet showing him eating a taco salad and saying he "loves the Mexicans." There might be a mixed message there. A taco salad is just a salad with a manmade wall around it.
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the Democratic National Committee boss who is as appealing as a Porta-Potty in August, continues to favor Hillary. This sets up a fight by Bernie Sanders supporters at the Democratic convention in Philadelphia. And Sanders has rolled into California, where they love him. They even have a true-to-life, Bernie Sanders action figure there. It's so authentic that it takes half the stuff of the richer dolls in the store.
- Our nation saw its first penis transplant last week in Boston. No one knows who the donor is, but it is safe to say it was someone from the Obama administration's foreign policy team. Doctors say this transplant might be the wave of the future, but the difficult part is finding donors. In a related story, security has been elevated around the grave of Wilt Chamberlain.
Contact Ron Hart at Ron@RonaldHart.com or @RonaldHart on Twitter.