• Keep them topical and short (25 words or less).
• Please include your name.
• Send to: Rant, 400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403; fax: 423-668-5058; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Keep them topical, short (200 words or less), legible and not more often than one every 30 days. Letters may be edited for clarity and length
• Must be signed with name, address and telephone number.
• Send to: Editorial page editor (either Times or Free Press), 400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403; fax: 423-757-6383; or e-mail: email@example.com
The "hoax" was quite real. And seemingly quite effective. The Russians got a puppet installed in our Oval Office.
The Farm Bill, passed last week and now awaiting the president's signature, does some good things and some bad things.
There may be no harder job in our society than being a cop.
Decades in the making, the Tennessee Wilderness Act has weathered six Congresses and finally — finally — is on its...
The protesters who prompted a Chattanooga City Council walkout Tuesday over the treatment of a local rapper by Hamilton County...
What's next at the 36-acre ghost town that once housed 440 families in the Harriet Tubman housing development?
We can be forgiven for being depressed. The sky is gray, the rain is cold and there is absolutely no...
News happens fast these days.
In April, we mused here about how we keep not fixing homelessness.
We keep hearing that Tennessee students are doing so much better - posting the fastest improving scores in the country.
Just when you thought it couldn't get much harder to exercise your vote in Tennessee, our state GOP's State Executive...
"Read my lips: No new taxes." Then there were new taxes.
Keep watching the timelines
"I don't believe it."
Some of the things our president and his White House Press Secretary, Sarah Sanders, said earlier this week about climate...
The funniest news story lead we've seen in a long time was in this paper Thursday morning.
No wonder Donald Trump is raging again about the special counsel.
Perhaps the dam is starting to crack — in the GOP.
What's our president thankful for?
When a United States senator - a Republican whose feet are planted firmly on the ground - says President Donald...
Life is good at throwing curve balls.
Last week, you may have read that the Tennessee Valley Authority had a record year in 2018 for helping the...
Trumpian Republicans can't seem to get this phrase out of their heads: "stolen elections."