A weekly list of upcoming outdoors events in the Chattanooga area; to submit an event, write to email@example.com.
* Cumberland Mountain State Park guided hikes: Friday, Cumberland Plateau Trail (about 1 mile); Nov. 15, Pioneer long loop trail (5 miles); Nov. 22, Piney Falls State Natural Area (2 miles); Nov. 29, Pioneer short loop (2 miles); all moderate & starting at noon EST; kid-friendly. Call 931-484-6138.
* Fly Fishing Film Tour: Friday, 7-10 p.m., The Camp House; general admission $20, VIP ticket $50, available at The Hatch Outfitters or at the door, proceeds to help native Appalachian brook trout restoration & area river cleanup work.
* Soddy-Daisy chapter of Tennessee Trails Association hikes: Saturday, Bald River Trail beginning where the Bald flows into the Tellico, moderately strenuous 8.9 miles (meet at 8:30 a.m. at Food City in Ooltewah; call John Politte at 304-8327); Tuesday, from Brush Creek trailhead on U.S. Highway 64 one mile east of Boyd's Gap, easy 5-6 miles (call Bob McGavock at 667-2960); Nov. 16, Brady Mountain Trail section of CT, moderately strenuous 6.6 miles (meet at 8:30 a.m. at ballfields parking lot on Durham Street in Soddy-Daisy; call Tom McElhone at 805-208-4654).
* Interscholastic Climbing League: Saturday, High Point downtown; 1st of 6 meets at 3 local indoor climbing gyms for grades 6-12 teams. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 643-6888.
* Cumberland Trail hiking series: Saturday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.; guided, moderately strenuous 4 miles, 1 way (shuttle provided), mostly downhill 4-7 miles; free but advance registration required through email@example.com or 643-6888.
* Rapid Learning intro to kayak & skills practice: Tuesday & Dec. 10, 7-8 or 8-9 p.m. (pick the time slot), Hulsey Wellness Center at Southern Adventist University; $2 cash for pool use; family-friendly for ages 8-up; $75 for individual year's membership, $125 for family; first-timers free; equipment provided, reservations not required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 643-6888.
* Local Tennessee Ornithological Society meeting: Nov. 14, 7 p.m., Ascension Lutheran Church, 720 S. Germantown Road. Contact David Stone at email@example.com or 413-7033.
* Chattanooga Bicycle Club meeting: Nov. 18, 6-7 p.m., Outdoor Chattanooga, Coolidge Park; for recreational cyclists.