A weekly list of upcoming outdoors events in the Chattanooga area; to submit an event, write to email@example.com.
* Local Tennessee Ornithological Society meeting: Thursday, 7 p.m., Ascension Lutheran Church, 720 S. Germantown Road. Contact David Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-7033.
* Chattanooga RV & Camping Show: Friday-Sunday, Chattanooga Convention Center; 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday; $8, free for ages under 12.
* Soddy-Daisy chapter of Tennessee Trails Association hikes: Saturday, Big Creek loop trail, moderate 8.7 miles (meet at 8:30 a.m. at Food City in Red Bank; call Tom McElhone at 805-208-4654); Tuesday, Enterprise South Nature Park (meet at 8:30 a.m. at park visitors' center lower parking lot; call Nancy Allen at 423-987-0941); Feb. 22, Bird Mountain Trail in Frozen Head State Park, difficult 7.1-mile loop (meet at 8:30 a.m. at ballfields parking lot on Durham Street in Soddy-Daisy; call John Politte at 423-304-8327).
* Adult archery — aim your game: Wednesdays in February & March, 2:30-3:30 p.m., indoors at Outdoor Chattanooga, Coolidge Park; ages 30-older, free, no experience or reservations necessary; Genesis compound bows provided; arrive on time to allow for dividing into teams. For more information call 643-6888.
* Try Archery: Wednesdays in February & March, 3:30-6 p.m., indoors at Outdoor Chattanooga, Coolidge Park; ages 5-up, free, no experience or reservations necessary; first come, first shoot. For more information call 643-6888.
* Final Outdoor Chattanooga winter workshop: Wednesday, basic camp cooking; 6:30-8 p.m., OC center, Coolidge Park; free, all ages, reservations not needed; practice opportunity the following Saturday. Email email@example.com or call 643-6888.
* Rapid Learning intro to kayak & skills practice: March 10 & April 21, 7-9 p.m., Hulsey Wellness Center at Southern Adventist University; $2 cash for pool use; family-friendly for ages 8-up; $75 for individual year's membership, $125 for family; first-timers free; equipment provided, reservations not required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 643-6888.
* Wild Trails 200 Mile Club: Encourages improved fitness; cover 200 miles in three months under one's own power, whether by running, biking, swimming, paddling, walking or other aerobic activities. Anyone interested can start at any time by registering at wildtrails.org/200-mile-club and recording his or her progress there. Getting to 200 makes one a member, and the membership card secures discounts at a variety of places. Club activities include a campout, barbecue and 15k/5k trail races every three months at Lula Lake Land Trust.