Senior Filemon Quintero and the Dalton attack did not waste any time as the Catamounts struck early in Tuesday's 5-0 home shutout over Baylor.
Quintero showed off his touch as he scored twice in the first four minutes. Damian Rodriguez also scored in the 15th and 60th minutes as the dynamic duo continues to deliver to the team's undefeated season.
"We were able to really pass well and move quickly really early into the match. Everyone provided a great effort," said coach Matt Cheaves after Dalton improved to 13-0-1. "The two early goals from Filemon were big for us. He and Damian have scored and assisted a bunch of goals this season."
The Catamounts are ranked third nationally by MaxPreps.com and have outscored their competition 89-6 this season.
Zeke Ortiz provided a 4-0 lead in the 32nd minute, while the defense put together its fifth straight shutout.
* South Pittsburg 14, Van Buren 2: The Pirates took control early with four runs in the home half of the first inning, then put the District 5-A win away with nine more in the fourth. Josh Olinger earned the win, allowing two hits and striking out seven over four innings pitched. Jackson Lewis and Javen Talley each drove in three runs and Luke Rector plated two
* Ooltewah 6, East Hamilton 5: Senior shortstop Bryson Smith went 3-for-3 with an RBI while Dominic Mackaluso homered in the top of the seventh to aid the Owls' second straight one-run victory over the Hurricanes. Austin Wolcott had a two-run double in the bottom of the fourth as East Hamilton took a 4-1 lead. The Owls responded with five runs over the next two innings and Zach Cates earned a two-inning save. Jackson Fletcher went 2-for-4 with a double and two runs scored for the Hurricanes.
* McCallie 6, Soddy-Daisy 1: Carter Hewitt homered and drove in three runs while Nic Mirabella struck out six over four scoreless frames to earn the victory. Kyle Berry scored two runs batting leadoff and had two hits along with Austin Breedlove and Jaden Copeland as the Blue Tornado improved to 10-0 overall.
* Signal Mountain 10, Red Bank 0: Hunter Davis struck out 12 over five shutout innings in which he allowed just three hits, while Ben Timblin went 2-for-3 with an RBI double and a stolen base for the Eagles (11-4, 7-1 District 6-AA). Braden Casner also had two hits and scored twice along with Preston Worley in the victory.
* Cumberland County 5, Sequatchie County 2: The Indians walked too many batters and dug themselves a 4-0 hole. Sequatchie's Sergio Camp cut the score in half for the home team with a double in the fourth that scored Tyler Lynn and Anthony Wright.
* Tellico Plains 7, Sale Creek 0: The Panthers allowed four runs in the first and three in the fourth and could not get the bats going as their seven-game win streak came to a close at home. Drew Hillian and Spencer Cates each went 2-for-3 for Sale Creek.
* Marion County 9, Chattanooga Christian 1: Austin Anderson drove in four runs and came a home run shy of the cycle for the Warriors. Aidan Jolly tripled and scored two runs while recording a two-hit day with Blaine Anderson and Bryce Weeks. Nicholas Hoback struck out six in three innings of relief, while Will Pryor earned the victory allowing one run over four innings in which he fanned half a dozen. Henry Horne went 2-for-3 with an RBI for the Chargers.
* Ridgeland 14, Central-Carroll 0: The Panthers (4-12, 3-7) routed the Lions in Region 7-AAAA play, with Robert Jent getting the win with four innings of one-hit, seven-strikeout pitching. Isaac Pitts was 3-for-4 with two RBIs and two runs scored, with Nolan Hughley, Jordan McLin and Austin Raymer each adding two hits for the winners.
* Gordon Lee 9, Bowdon 8: The Trojans (18-2, 6-0) held on for the Region 6-A public win despite giving up four runs to the visitors in the seventh inning. Cody Thomas was 3-for-4 with three RBIs, Brody Cobb had three hits and an RBI and Nate Dunfee was 2-for-5 with an RBI and two runs scored for Gordon Lee. Brodie Genter earned the save after coming on with one on and two out in the seventh, ending the game by getting Bowdon's Carson Robinson to line out to second base.
* Ringgold 13, Rockmart 1: The Tigers (15-5 overall) remained perfect in Region 6-AAA at 10-0 as Kenyon Ramson allowed six hits and a run in five innings with six strikeouts. He also was 2-for-3 with two RBIs, with Sam Mills leading the offense with three hits and two RBIs and Colin Mountjoy and McCain Mangum each driving in two runs.
* Darlington 9, Trion 8: The Tigers scored four runs in the bottom of the seventh inning, three scoring on Lawson Goodwin's homer, after Trion had scored three in the top half to secure the nonregion win. Brody Brown, Jackson Morrison, Ben Allen, Lincoln Farrar and Conner DeParlier each had RBIs for Trion (9-7).
* Dalton 13, Murray County 1: The Catamounts (7-12) earned the nonregion rivalry win as A.J. Hernandez and Orlando Santiago combined to allow two hits. Caleb Nix hit a grand slam to lead the offensive attack, with Kaleb Valdez adding two hits and two runs scored, Tyson Greenwade a two-run triple and Tyson Neil two RBIs and two runs scored.
* McCallie 4, Boyd Buchanan 0: Daniel Anderson scored two goals and the Blue Tornado outshot the Buccaneers 20-6.
* Soddy-Daisy 10, Cleveland 3: Taylor Lloyd homered and drove in four runs while Hope Ingle had two doubles in a three-hit performance. The Lady Trojans jumped ahead with a seven-run second inning to improve to 14-3 and 4-0 in District 5-AAA play. Courtney Sneed had a pair of hits and stolen bases, while Carissa Wilson drove in two for Soddy-Daisy.
* Walker Valley 8, McMinn County 3: Madilyn Kidd had two of the Lady Mustangs' 10 hits while Michelle Benson stole two bases and scored a pair of runs along with Hannah Guffey. Walker Valley was also led by Kaitlyn Bailey and Lindsey Hughes who combined for three shutout innings in relief and six strikeouts.
* Whitwell 8, Van Buren 6: Ava Layne and Marissa Nunley both hit home runs and combined for seven RBIs. Layne went 3-for-5 while she also doubled and drove in four runs. Maria Basham had two hits and a double as well for the Lady Tigers.