Major League Soccer has postponed the second match of its MLS is Back Tournament after five Nashville SC players tested positive for COVID-19, the league announced Tuesday.
The match between the expansion club from Tennessee and the Chicago Fire was initially scheduled for Wednesday night. The league said two Nashville players tested positive this past weekend and three more positive tests were confirmed Monday night. Four more players received inconclusive results and require further testing.
The league said it would continue to evaluate Nashville's participation in the tournament.
It's a second straight day of testing results putting the status of one of the tournament participants in question. FC Dallas withdrew Monday after 10 players and one coach tested positive.
The tournament is still set to open Wednesday with an 8 p.m. match between Orlando City and Inter Miami CF, the other expansion team in the league's 25th anniversary season. ESPN's coverage now goes from a doubleheader to only an opener.
Dallas announced last week that six players had tested positive upon arrival in Florida for the tournament, and the entire team was quarantined. As a result, the team's opening match on Thursday against the Vancouver Whitecaps was postponed.
With the withdrawal of Dallas, MLS was devising a new schedule for the monthlong tournament that will be played without fans at ESPN's Wide World of Sports Complex at the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando.
Two additional schedule changes were announced Tuesday. The match between Toronto FC and D.C. United scheduled for Friday was pushed back to Sunday because the Canadian team did not arrive in Florida until Monday, and the league moved the start time of Friday night's match between the Seattle Sounders and the San Jose Earthquakes from 10:30 to 9. It's currently the only tournament match scheduled for Friday.