The Multiple Myeloma Networking Group meets at 6 p.m. tonight at the Memorial Center for Cancer Support, Memorial Plaza Building, 605 Glenwood Drive, Suite 307. A video interview with Dr. Paul Richardson of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute will give an overview of the newest drugs for multiple myeloma patients. Complimentary dinner will be served. Call Linda or Jack Huguelet at 886-3554 for information.
T'ai Ji fall classes
Time for T'ai Ji with Christopher Campbell classes are $10 per class unless noted.
• Monday: 10-11 a.m., St. Timothy Episcopal Church, 630 Mississippi Ave., Signal Mountain; 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Alexian Village, in Town Hall, 100 James Blvd., Signal Mountain, $5 per class.
• Tuesday: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., near the stage at Eastgate Town Center, 5600 Brainerd Road, by donation.
• Friday: 11:00 a.m.-Noon, First Christian Church, 650 McCallie Ave.
• Saturday: 10-11 a.m., St. Elmo United Methodist Church, 4626 St. Elmo Ave.
• For information on the above classes, call 423-821-8947 or email email@example.com.
• A Boot Camp for Dads will be held at Erlanger East (Gunbarrel Road), from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday. First-time dads can learn how to help the new mom. Topics include diapering, feeding, why babies cry and how to handle it. Learn about postpartum depression and hands-on infant care. A new "veteran" dad is invited (along with his baby) to the class for question-and-answer time.
• Memory screening, Erlanger East (Gunbarrel Road), 9 a.m.-12 noon, Tuesday. Jennifer Hindmon, of Erlanger North Senior's Unit, will administer the Mini Mental Status Exam to determine problems that should be discussed with your family physician. Appointments limited; pre-registration required.
• The childbirth education class/series, from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday at Erlanger East (Gunbarrel Road), is designed for expectant parents and is taught by experienced OB nurses. Classes includes stages of labor, relaxation and labor-support techniques, hospital procedures, pain-management options, after birth/home care for moms and in-hospital care for newborns. Question/answer session. Registration fee is $75.
• To register for classes, call Erlanger's HealthLink at 778-5465.
• Diabetes self-management. This program provides overview of diabetes, treatment, prevention of complications, diabetes meal planning and carbohydrate counting. Held 8:45 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Friday and 3:30-8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 25, at the Diabetes and Nutrition Center at Memorial Hospital, and 8:45 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday at Memorial Hospital Hixson. Memorial's centers can help obtain a physician's referral and provide cost information. Registration required. Call 495-7970.
• Mammograms: Memorial's Mobile Health Coach will provide mammograms for women age 40 and over, with or without insurance, who haven't had a mammogram in the last 12 months. Locations: Homeless Health Care Clinic, 727 E. 11th St., 1:30-4 p.m. today; Old Navy, 5756 Highway 153, Hixson, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday; SunTrust Bank, 1900 Gunbarrel Road, 2-6 p.m., Saturday; and Memorial West Side Clinic, 1200 Grove St., 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Wednesday.
• To schedule an appointment, call Memorial's MaryEllen Locher Breast Center at 495-4040 or toll free at 866-591-2254.
Chattanooga Bariatrics will hold a free seminar on gastric banding (Lap-Band and Realize Band) and the new sleeve procedure for people 75 pounds overweight at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 7, and at 11:30 a.m., Wednesday, Nov. 28, at Chattanooga Bariatrics, 7405 Shallowford Road #160. Call 899-1000 for reservations. Free insurance verification.
Items for this column are due the Friday before Thursday's publication date. Write to Linda Weaver, P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401-1447; fax 668-5071; email firstname.lastname@example.org.