Cystic Fibrosis fundraiser
The Tennessee Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation will host the Three Blind Wines fundraiser at 6 p.m. on Nov. 15 at The Mill, 1601 Gulf St., Suite 100. Event features wine tasting, silent auction and reception, followed by dinner, live auction, entertainment. Individual tickets are $30. Call 255-1167.
Medical Society mini-internships
Community leaders interested in a firsthand perspective on important healthcare issues from the physician's viewpoint may apply for the 2012 Chattanooga-Hamilton County Medical Society Mini-Internship Program, which will be Oct. 9-11. Participants accompany doctors through office rounds and possibly surgery. For information or to apply, contact Kevin Lusk at 622-2872 or Kevin@chattmedsoc.org.
Unity of Chattanooga will host medical intuitive Patti Conklin, who will give lectures and workshops on the immune system. She will focus the benefits of removing words and perceptions that create emotional and physical blockages that can create disease and illness. Held Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Unity of Chattanooga, 604 Black St. For information, visit Penny@unityofchattanooga.org. For directions, visit www.unityof chattanooga.org.
The Hearing Loss Association Chattanooga Chapter will meet at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Ronald McDonald House. Information about the Tennessee Association of the Deaf Blind is the program topic. For details, visit www.hearingchattanooga.org.
T'ai Ji fall classes
Time for T'ai Ji with Christopher Campbell. $10 per class unless noted:
• Monday: 10-11 a.m., St. Timothy Episcopal Church, 630 Mississippi Ave.; or 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Alexian Village, in Town Hall, 100 James Blvd., Signal Mountain, $5 per class; 6:30-7:30 p.m. at PAX (across from The Camp House), 1427 Williams St.
• Tuesday: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., near the stage at Eastgate Town Center, 5600 Brainerd Road, by donation; or 6:30-7:30 p.m., outdoor class, Renaissance Park, North River.
• Wednesday: 8-9 p.m., one spot in semi-private class; and Thursday, semi-private class, at Time for T'ai Ji Studio, 1713 W. 56th St., $15 per class.
• Thursday: 6:30-7:30 p.m., outdoor class, Renaissance Park, begins Sept. 20.
• Friday: 11:00 a.m.-noon, First Christian Church, 650 McCallie Ave., continues on Sept. 21.
• Saturday: 10-11 a.m., St. Elmo United Methodist Church, 4626 St. Elmo Ave., eight-week series begins Sept. 29.
• Call 423-821-8947 for information of visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
Massage Envy Spa, 345 Frazier Ave., will hold a Healing Hands for Arthritis event from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday. $10 from every massage and facial will go to the Arthritis Foundation. Snacks, door prizes. For information, call 757-2900 or visit massageenvy.com.
The Chattanooga chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness will hold its free Speaker's Forum from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Joe Johnson Center, 420 Bell Ave. Speaker is Janice Bigger of Strategies for Life of Tennessee-Community Behavioral Health Center. Program offers overview of care designed to prevent inpatient hospitalization or stabilize those who've been discharged. For information, call 899-6922 or visit www.namichattanooga.org.
• Diabetes self-management. This program provides an overview of diabetes, along with information on treatment, prevention of complications, diabetes meal planning and carbohydrate counting. 3:30-8 p.m. today and 8:45 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Friday, Sept. 21, at Diabetes and Nutrition Center at Memorial Hospital. Memorial's center can help obtain a physician's referral and provide cost information. To register, call 495-7970.
• Diabetes Education Class, 1:30-4:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20, Erlanger Chattanooga Lifestyle Center. This class explores ways to manage diabetes. Call 778-9400 for information on physician referral and insurance reimbursement.
Chattanooga Bariatrics will hold a free seminar on gastric banding (Lap-Band and Realize Band) and the new sleeve procedure for people 75 pounds overweight at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday at Chattanooga Bariatrics, 7405 Shallowford Road. Call 899-1000 for reservations. Free insurance verification.
Items for this column are due the Friday before Thursday's publication date. Write to Linda Weaver, P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401-1447; fax 668-5071; e-mail email@example.com.