Chattanooga police cited four businesses for selling alcohol to minors on Friday. Twelve stores did not sell to minors, according to a news release.
Spokesman Kyle Miller said the police department worked with the Hamilton County Coalition, which coordinates underage buyers ages 18-19 who use real IDs and try to buy alcohol.
The following businesses sold to an underage buyer:
1. Rogers Super Market, 1400 E. Main St.;
2. One Stop Shop, 1221 Grove St.;
3. The Kangaroo Express, 234 Browns Ferry Road
4. The Kangaroo Express, 3743 Cummings Hwy.
The following businesses DID NOT sell to an underage buyer:
1. Ria's, 804 Broad St.;
2. Kankus, 702 Central Ave.;
3. Kankus; 300 E. ML King Blvd.;
4. Citgo, 1135 E Third St.;
5. Tienda Maya, 1939 Central Ave.;
6. Downtown Super Center, 1300 E.