Wearing hazmat suits, members of the Chattanooga Fire Department enter the Moccasin Bend Wastewater Treatment Plant on Sunday, Mar. 15, 2015, in Chattanooga to shut off a chlorine tank leak.
A leaking chlorine tank at the Moccasin Bend Wastewater Treatment Plant sent two workers to the hospital Sunday.
Chattanooga Fire Department spokesman Bruce Garner said the leaking cylinder in a containment building was reported at 6:39 p.m. and members of the department's hazardous materials team got inside the building and shut it off about 7:45.
He said scrubbers in the containment building turned the leaking gas into harmless water vapor that was released to the air.