NASHVILLE - Six Tennessee state House primaries were decided by fewer than 100 votes.
Rick Tillis, the brother of U.S. Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina, won the Republican primary to fill the seat vacated by Republican Rep. Billy Spivey of Lewisburg by 40 votes.
In the Republican race to succeed Rep. Jon Lundberg of Bristol, John Crawford won by 47 votes.
Dustin Evans won by 63 votes In the Democratic primary to succeed retiring Rep. David Shepard of Dickson.
In the GOP primary to take on Democratic Rep. Kevin Dunlap of McMinnville, Paul Sherrell won by 63 votes. And Democrat Marjorie Ramsey won by 65 votes to take on GOP Rep. Jeremy Faison of Cosby.
Democrat Chris Moth won by 85 votes to take on Republican Speaker Beth Harwell of Nashville.
Hamilton County general and Tennessee primary election stories
- Greeson: Back to school means we need to get back to what's important
- Sohn: Don't take your vote for granted
- Anti-incumbent fever fails to take hold in Tennessee primaries
- Greeson: Sadly, moral indignation did not lead to civil obligation
- Voter turnout plummets for Hamilton County, state elections
- Sohn: When our voter turnout equals voter flame-out
- Cooper: Mayor Andy Berke's election 'results' mixed
- McCormick effort to call special House session to oust Durham fails to get 66 signatures
- Six Tennessee House primaries decided by fewer than 100 votes
- Kustoff takes aim at House seat after winning GOP primary
- Sohn: Voters looked for change in local races
- Cooper: Hamilton County voters want board accountability
- Voters oust three of four incumbents from Hamilton County school board
- Rep. Chuck Fleischmann, Melody Shekari win big in U.S. House primaries
- Rep. Scott DesJarlais turns back tough challenge from Grant Starrett
- Incumbent Rhonda Thurman wins District 1 Hamilton County school board race
- Kathy Lennon beats Jonathan Welch for Hamilton County's District 2 school board seat
- Tiffanie Robinson unseats George Ricks from school board in District 4
- Joe Wingate bumps Donna Horn from District 7 school board seat
- Marty Haynes defeats Mark Siedlecki in Hamilton County assessor race
- Khristy Wilkinson is Democratic choice to face Todd Gardenhire for state Senate seat
- JoAnne Favors wins landslide primary victory in 28th District race
- Rep. Mike Carter trounces his Republican primary rival in state House District 29 race
- Election briefs: Incumbents hold Lookout commission seats
- Durham loses GOP primary after sexual harassment allegations
- Kustoff wins GOP nomination in open Tennessee U.S. House race
- Coverage of Tennessee Primary and Hamilton County general elections
- Where to vote in the Hamilton County general and Tennessee primary elections
- Times endorsements for Hamilton County general, Tennessee primary elections
- Free Press endorsements for Hamilton County general, Tennessee primary elections
- Congressional, legislative races are focus of Tennessee primary
- Tennessee voters go to the poll to decide on U.S. House nominees