Three women were shot early Saturday morning in Chattanooga, according to police.
The three women went to a local hospital and are expected to survive.
Police were called to the hospital at 2:40 a.m. to investigate, and they located a crime scene in the 2100 block of East 3rd Street.
All three victims said they were shot while in a vehicle traveling on the road.
The three victims are in their early-to-mid twenties. There is no suspect information at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call Chattanooga Police at 423-698-2525 and may remain anonymous.
The shooting came just hours after a car chase and shooting led to the first two homicides of 2017 in Chattanooga.
Violent weekend in Chattanooga
- Chattanooga police to double number of officers targeting gang violence
- Chattanooga police to add 14 new officers to now 500-strong force after violent weekend
- Two shootings cap violent weekend in Chattanooga
- Violent weekend continues as police respond to person with gunshot wound at CHI Memorial
- Police: Chattanooga woman defends herself, others; shoots man trying to assault her
- Three days of gang activity yield gun busts, shootings, death of fugitive kingpin
- Police: Three women shot early Saturday morning on East 3rd Street
- Chattanooga gang leader Jumoke Johnson, 23, slain in a hail of bullets Friday night
- Shooting, crash lead to first two homicides of 2017 in Chattanooga
- Police officer discovers bag of loaded handguns in SUV with gang-affiliated teenagers