Video shows events before 5 injured in shooting outside Coyote Jack's nightclub

Beer sales were suspended from March 2-9 at Coyote Jack's Saloon and the Living Room at 1400 Cowart St. by the Chattanooga Beer Board because of sales to minors and a crowd that was some 400 people over capacity on Feb. 5.

This story was updated July. 15, 2018, at 3:05 p.m. with more information.

Five people were injured in a shooting outside Coyote Jack's nightclub in downtown Chattanooga early Sunday morning.

Kevin Parks, 32; Kandice Parks, 29; Keosha Strickland, 25; Te Shayla Yearby, 21; and Austin Burns, 22, were all taken to local hospitals, some by ambulance and some by personally owned vehicles.

All victims suffered injuries that were not life-threatening, Chattanooga police Chief David Roddy said Sunday morning in a news conference. However, victims' conditions are being monitored closely as they receive treatment.

Roddy did not have any suspect information at the time of the news conference.

Chattanooga police responded to the club's parking lot in the 1400 block of Cowart Street at about 2:55 a.m. on reports of multiple people shot. Upon arrival, police found several victims and multiple shell casings throughout the lot.

In a video posted to Facebook, several people were gathered in a parking lot when multiple shots rang out. People ducked down and another round of shots began. Screaming and yelling could be heard as club-goers tried to get out of the parking lot safely.

A Coyote Jack's representative has not yet returned a request for comment.

In December 2017, a shooting left 22-year-old Sharone Porter dead and his brother, 24-year-old Torrie Porter, injured. A suspect, Roddarius Martin, 24, was charged with criminal homicide, attempted first-degree murder, aggravated assault and felony reckless endangerment.

Seven months earlier, the club was put on lockdown after a shooting took place outside in May, according to WRCB-TV Channel 3. Police said a man fired multiple shots into the air and possibly toward a crowd of people and one at the side of the building.

In 2016, the club, which was formerly known as Bella Vita, was the site of two shootings-one of which was fatal.

On March 13, 2016, Reuben Simpson, 35, was shot in the head in the early morning on Cowart Street, near the restaurant. Police said his wounds were considered minor. Two months later, a security guard, 40, was fatally shot in the upper chest at the location. Andrew Wilson, 31, was arrested in that case and charged with criminal homicide.

Members of the violent crime bureau are actively investigating Sunday morning's incident. Police ask anyone with any information about the incident to call the tip line at 423-643-5100. Callers can remain anonymous.

Contact staff writer Rosana Hughes at or 423-757-6327 with tips or story ideas. Follow her on Twitter @HughesRosana.