What to do if you lost your vaccine card in the Chattanooga area

Syringes with doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, are shown next to vaccination cards, Saturday, March 13, 2021, on the first day of operations at a mass vaccination site at the Lumen Field Events Center in Seattle, which adjoins the field where the NFL football Seattle Seahawks and the MLS soccer Seattle Sounders play their games. The site, which is the largest civilian-run vaccination site in the country, will operate only a few days a week until city and county officials can get more doses of the vaccine. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)

With thousands of Chattanooga area residents vaccinated against COVID-19, many may have misplaced something that may soon be more important: their vaccination card.

As more businesses, venues and events announce vaccine requirements, here's what to do if you can't seem to find what you did with your card.

(READ MORE: Chattanooga restaurants addressing masks, vaccine mandates as COVID cases rise)

The Centers for Disease Control recommends that people in that situation first reach out to their vaccination providers, whether a local or national pharmacy or a health department, to see whether they can provide a record of the immunization.

If that doesn't work, state or local health departments should be able to help.

In Tennessee

According to Becky Barnes, administrator for the Hamilton County Health Department, getting a record of a vaccination is just a matter of contacting the state health department.