Need a last-minute item for the Thanksgiving feast? A way to entertain visiting relatives when the meal is done?
Here are some area attractions, retailers and grocery stores open Thanksgiving Day.
The attractions list includes the Southern Belle Riverboat, which could be considered a twofer, with something to eat and something to do.
"You'll get a traditional Thanksgiving meal of ham, turkey and all the sides, plus a cruise and live music," said group sales manager Joy Reinert. "It's just nice."
Reinert said scheduling Thanksgiving Day cruises has been a tradition since the riverboat was christened in 1985, and tickets typically sell out.
"It's been hugely successful," she said.
GROCERY STORES OPEN THANKSGIVING
- Food City: 7 a.m.-3 p.m.; foodcity.com
- The Fresh Market: 7 a.m.-3 p.m.; thefreshmarket.com
- Whole Foods Market: 7 a.m.-3 p.m.; wholefoodsmarket.com
GROCERY STORES CLOSED THANKSGIVING
- United Grocery Outlet
RETAILERS OPEN THANKSGIVING
- Bass Pro Shops: 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.; basspro.com
- Big Lots: 7 a.m.- 9 p.m.; biglots.com
- CVS: Most stores open regular hours; some pharmacies may be closed; cvs.com
- Dollar General: 7 a.m.- 10 p.m.; dollargeneral.com
- Family Dollar: 8 a.m.- 6 p.m.; familydollar.com
- Walgreens: 24-hour locations open; some stores and pharmacies may have limited hours; walgreens.com
ATTRACTIONS OPEN THANKSGIVING
- AMC movie theaters (all area locations); amctheatres.com
- Coolidge Park carousel: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. chattanooga.gov
- Regal movie theater at Hamilton Place; regmovies.com
- Rock City: Daytime tours, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.; Enchanted Garden of Lights, 5-10 p.m.; seerockcity.com
- Ruby Falls: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (closing early); rubyfalls.com
- Southern Belle riverboat: Thanksgiving dinner with sightseeing cruise at 11 a.m., 2 and 5 p.m.; chattanoogariverboat.com
- Spare Time bowling centers, Brainerd and Hixson: 3-11 p.m.; sparetimeentertainment.com
ATTRACTIONS CLOSED THANKSGIVING
- Charles H. Coolidge National Medal of Honor Heritage Center
- Chattanooga Ducks
- Chattanooga Whiskey Experimental Distillery
- Chattanooga Zoo
- Creative Discovery Museum
- High Point Climbing & Fitness
- High Point Zip Adventure
- Houston Museum of Decorative Arts (reopens Saturday)
- Hunter Museum of American Art
- Incline Railway
- International Towing & Recovery Hall of Fame & Museum
- Reflection Riding (members-only access)
- Sir Goony's Fun Zone
- Splitz Alley
- Tennessee Aquarium
- Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum
Contact Lisa Denton at [email protected] or 423-757-6281.