The financial disclosures for Hamilton County political races are in, giving voters their first look at how candidates are faring ahead of the May 3 primary election.
Below is a list of all county-level races in which end-of-year fundraising numbers have been posted to the Hamilton County Election Commission website or supplied to the Times Free Press as of Monday. The reports cover between July and mid-January. In contested races, candidates are listed alphabetically.
- Matt Hullander, R: Raised $255,977; $208,268 cash on hand.
- Sabrena Smedley, R: Raised $202,260; $201,808 cash on hand.
- Weston Wamp, R: Raised $232,321; $214,390 cash on hand.
- Neal Pinkston, R: Raised $68,000; $71,032 cash on hand.
- Coty Wamp, R: Raised $130,522, $112,589 cash on hand.
- Austin Garrett, R: Raised $92,050; $135,956 cash on hand.
County commission, District 2
- Chip Baker, R-Signal Mountain: Raised $0; $23,239 cash on hand.
County commission, District 3
- Greg Martin, R-Hixson: Raised $26,850; $44,344 cash on hand.
County commission, District 6
- David Sharpe, D-Red Bank: Raised $35,200; $37,998 cash on hand.
County commission, District 9
- Steve Highlander, R-Ooltewah: Raised $2,520; $4,900 cash on hand.
County commission, District 10
- Jeff Eversole, R-Ooltewah: Raised $43,935; $17,179 cash on hand.
- Dean Moorhouse, R-Ooltewah: Raised $34,091, $23,917 cash on hand.
County school board, District 3
- Joe Smith, R-Hixson: Raised $100; $100 cash on hand.
County school board, District 6
- Ben Connor, D-North Chattanooga: Raised $10,422; $10,422 cash on hand.
-Bill Knowles, R: Raised $13,400; $25,894 cash on hand.
- Bill Hullander, R: Raised $0, $3,657 cash on hand.
Register of deeds
- Marc Gravitt, R: Raised $0; $14,652 cash on hand.
Criminal court clerk
- Vince Dean, R: Raised $2,600; $3,418 cash on hand.
Circuit court clerk
- Larry Henry, R: Raised $202; $938 cash on hand.
Notes: Place of residence is listed for candidates who are running in a district as opposed to countywide. Some candidates' cash on hand is greater than their contributions because of carryover funds from prior elections. In addition, some candidates have not yet begun fundraising or are just beginning the process, so their contributions are listed as $0. Multiple candidates and races had no end-of-year reports posted at all.