* Year established: 2016
* Employees: 40, all based in their office on Market Street
* Milestones: Market Street Partners began with six people in 2016, and has grown steadily to 40 with plans to hire 10 more in the next year. Throughout that journey, the business has focused on communicating and working as a team and avoiding the silos that can plague some accounting firms, says co-founder Kyle Bryant.
"We were very intentional about that," Bryant says. "Because we've seen it done several different ways, and my fondest memories of work were early in my career and surrounded by people I enjoyed working with and we bonded over the work we were doing."
During the pandemic, Market Street Partners quickly got up to speed on the programs that helped their business clients weather the crisis, Bryant says. They stayed close to their clients, helped them understand what they needed to do, and experienced significant growth during what was a difficult time for many businesses.
"We were on the forefront of the [Paycheck Protection Program], of understanding that," Bryant says.
The business was already cloud-based and able to quickly shift to home-based work, but employees have returned in recent months to get the most from their collaborative culture, he adds.
"We're not forcing people back – they're coming back on their own," he says. "We have employees that need to be remote from time to time, but I feel like our culture is the biggest advantage we have over a lot of other firms. We all enjoy working together, we collaborate a lot, we're constantly trying to solve problems together and that carries over into day-to-day. It's hard to maintain that remotely."
* Why this is a Best Place to Work: Traditionally, accounting and CPA firms are known for stuffy business suits, rows and rows of sterile lighting and cubicles, hours and hours of overtime, and boring work culture. As a company, we work incredibly hard to be the complete opposite of what our industry is. Even though our line of work sometimes demands long hours (hello, tax season), we actively fight against the stereotypes of our industry and make our company a place where burnouts from other firms come to have a change of pace. People tell me that they choose MSP as a place to work because we are so unlike our competitors. We prioritize our employees because happy employees mean happy customers. MSP listens to its employees' needs and acts on them. I like that about us. I came here for the working environment and the culture. It is unmatched.
* Quotable, from co-founder Kyle Bryant: "The main thing is leading by example and making sure people understand what we're about and who we are. We instill that in how we work with clients and how we treat each other."
* How these Best Places to Work made the list
* Best Places to Work 2022: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Chattanooga
* Best Places to Work 2022: Cempa Community Care
* Best Places to Work 2022: Colonial Chemical, Inc.
* Best Places to Work 2022: InfoSystems
* Best Places to Work 2022: Mauldin & Jenkins
* Best Places to Work 2022: Pinnacle Financial Partners
* Best Places to Work 2022: Reliance Partners
* Best Places to Work 2022: Steam Logistics
* Best Places to Work 2022: StratusGrid
* Best Places to Work 2022: Tennessee American Water
* Best Places to Work 2022: Text Request
* Best Places to Work 2022: Warren & Griffin P.C.