* Location: 2111 Hamill Road, Hixson
* History: It was 1981 when Jay Simpson set up shop in his Hixson garage with $2,000, a single desk and chair, and a portion of his late father's business. Simpson named his venture Flywheel Brands and says he essentially followed in his father's footsteps -- producing print products such as decals, nameplates and signage. Before long, he says, he was selling during the day and printing, still in his garage, at night. Simpson says his son, Bart, joined the business in 2010 and helped pivot the company into curated, client-specific branded merchandise while not abandoning its roots in print products. Flywheel moved into a 6,000-square-foot building in Hixson five years ago, with manufacturing facilities nearby. Simpson says Flywheel has grown at an average annual rate of 20% and posted sales in excess of $10 million last year.
* Products/Services: Flywheel debuted its Momentum Box, the latest addition to its print and merchandise product array, in January. Flywheel Marketing Strategist Bri Newman says the Momentum Box consists of carefully curated items a client can have branded and shipped virtually anywhere in the world. The "Coffee Love" box, for instance, includes a Bodum French press, a 23-ounce Aviana tumbler and a bag of Stumptown coffee. The Momentum Boxes are available in 36 different themes, with more on the way, across a range of price points.
* Website: flywheelbrands.com
* Online: @FlywheelBrands (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)