Events and Seminars
• East Brainerd Council meeting Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. Meeting costs $10.
• An Hour With My Attorney Wednesday from 11 a.m. to noon at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Legal topics to be covered include leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and more. Let the attorney know your area of interest and become informed. Register for this free event by visiting www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scrolling to view upcoming training.
• East Ridge Council meeting Wednesday from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Best Western Plus Arbour Inn and Suites, 6710 Ringgold Road. Meeting costs $10.
• Enterprise Gateway Council meeting Thursday from 8:30 to 9:45 a.m. at Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Drive. Meeting costs $10.
• Communication in the workplace Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. In this class, Vincent Phipps, owner of Communication VIP, teaches the fundamentals of asking better questions to receive and clarify information. Learn how to avoid the four most common mistakes of asking questions. Discover alternatives to five words and phrases that increase defensiveness. Steer conversations toward desired results by learning the outcomes of five types of replies. Improve your listening skills. Price includes certificate of completion, worksheets and other learning materials. Registration and fee of $90 are required at least one to two business days in advance. Call 423-756-8668 to provide payment and register online by visiting www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training.
• CEG/BDC INCubator luncheon Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The INCubator (Gig Lab), 100 Cherokee Blvd. Speaker: Lynn Talbott, MBA, PHR, of HR Business Solutions. Topic: Violence in the Workplace. This event is free for CEG/INCubator clients and costs $10 for others. To RSVP, contact Tabitha Erickson at 423-752-4301 or email@example.com.
• Small business orientation Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other startup materials. Register for this free event by visiting www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scrolling to view upcoming training.
• International Business Council meeting Thursday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Speakers: Dr. Cale Horne, Covenant College, and Dr. Mark Hyder, Southern Adventist University. Topic: Highlighting International Business in Higher Education. Meeting costs $10.
• YPAC luncheon Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Chattanooga Chamber, 811 Broad St. Offered the last Friday of each month, YPAC professional development luncheons feature networking and a keynote discussion from a local leader on career development topics, including leadership skills, workplace dynamics, career advancement, community involvement and other subjects of interest. Networking begins at 11:30 a.m., followed by lunch and programming at noon. Admission is $10 for YPAC members, $12 for nonmembers or $15 at the door.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress