Warmer, wetter weather ahead for Chattanooga area

A pedestrian is reflected in a puddle as he crosses Broad Street at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard during afternoon rain showers Tuesday, May 26, 2015, in Chattanooga.
photo Leonard Montford crosses Broad Street during afternoon rain showers Tuesday, May 26, 2015, in Chattanooga.

Forecast

* Today: High near 82, 60 percent chance of rain * Thursday: High near 83, 60 percent chance of rain * Friday: High near 81, 40 percent chance of rain. * Saturday: High near 84, 20 percent chance of rain * Sunday: High near 85, 40 percent chance of rain. * Monday: High near 82, 60 percent chance of rain. * Tuesday: High near 81, 50 percent chance of rain Source: National Weather Service

Don't plan a picnic without checking the forecast the morning of.

That's the advice Andrew Moulton, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service, offers residents of the metro-Chattanooga area for the next 10 days.

"We