The football gameday experience at Finley Stadium just got a bit better.
Starting this season, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga will offer eight tents on the stadium's concourse above the grass, on the west end of the stadium under the scoreboard. Fans can pay for a tent, which includes 12 tickets with VIP credentials on a season or single-game basis.
Each tent comes with electricity, television, cable TV and WiFi. There will be tables and chairs provided and catering available through Finley Stadium. All tents are 12-by-12-foot with the overall space 12-by-18.
Fans with regular general-admission tickets still will have space in the middle and below the areas reserved for the tent occupants.
The season price for the tent is $5,000 and includes Mocs Club tax-deductible benefits. Signage will be available for an additional $3,500 on a season basis.
Single-game tents are $1,500 and subject to availability.
Mocs, SoCon preview stories
- Shelton Felton's outside linebackers 'competing' well for UTC
- Josh Cardiello leading as Mocs' O-line progresses
- Competition fierce for UTC defensive backs
- Alejandro Bennifield shows leadership amid Mocs tensions
- SoCon Preview: Favored Wofford Terriers hope to maintain 'picked seventh' approach
- Alumnus Chris Cook making an impact now as UTC assistant coach
- SoCon Preview: Western Carolina
- Mocs better at receiver with additions
- VMI plans to lean more toward running this year
- Defense puts the heat on offense in UTC's opening practice [photos]
- Quarterback 'Duck' expects more balance in Samford offense
- Five questions for the Mocs as preseason practice starts
- Mocs lack experience on special teams
- Mercer confident about new season
- Key for UTC linebackers is their adjustment to 3-4 scheme
- Cleveland's Austin Herink clear leader for 'more mature' ETSU team
- Strong defensive line still a UTC trademark
- The Citadel keeping expectations high despite key losses
- UTC to offer VIP tents for fans at Finley Stadium
- UTC offensive line must gain experience
- Mocs picked fourth with league-high 10 preseason All-SoCon players
- Commissioner John Iamarino sees 'quality,' healthy parity in SoCon football
- Mocs have mixture of experience, transfers, youth at receiver
- UTC football picked fourth in SoCon preseason poll
- Richardre Bagley, Darrell Bridges experienced running backs for Mocs
- UTC not likely to be picked No. 1 again today
- UTC quarterback Alejandro Bennifield solid, but questions loom behind starter
"We are excited to offer this new fan experience at all of our home games this season," UTC interim athletic director Scott Altizer said. "(Associate athletic director) Andrew Horton and our external staff did a great job putting this together, and we are grateful to Finley Stadium for helping to make this happen.
"These tents are located in a prime viewing area and provide an excellent location for groups, families or corporations to watch the game. Those that take advantage of this are really going to enjoy this new enhancement to the stadium."
For additional information on a tent for the season, contact Barry Kamen at Barry-Kamen@mocs.utc.edu or 423-425-5740.
Contact Gene Henley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @genehenleytfp.