In our 4th annual Champions of Health Care awards program, we recognize those individuals who put the care into our region's healthcare system. From pioneering surgeons and inventors of new technology to those volunteering to aid others at local hospitals or in our community, the eight individuals and programs we honor as our 2019 winners each have worked to improve the health of the Chattanooga region.
More than 200 individuals and groups in an array of health care roles were nominated as Champions by their patients, community members and medical professionals this year. From those nominations, a panel of judges from each of the major hospitals - Erlanger, CHI Memorial and HCA Parkridge - along with the Chattanooga/Hamilton County Medical Society, selected this year's winners. The eight categories of winners reflect the diversity of talents and roles involved in delivering, supporting and managing Chattanooga's health care system.
"Champions of Healthcare is sponsored by Tennessee's biggest health insurer, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee."
Physician - Community
Physician - Academic
Health Care Volunteer
Innovation in Health Care
2019 Champions of Health Care
- Phil Perry wins Champions of Health Care Non-Physician Practitioner Award
- Cempa Community Care wins Champions of Health Care Community Outreach Award
- Roy Turley wins Champions of Health Care Volunteer Award
- Cleaveland wins Champions of Health Care Lifetime Achievement Award
- Thomas Devlin wins Champions of Health Care Innovation In Health Care Award
- Viston Taylor wins Champions of Health Care Administrative Excellence Award
- Chris LeSar wins Champions of Health Care Community Physician Award
- Marvin Hall wins Champions of Health Care Academic Physician Award
- Recognizing the Chattanooga region's 2019 Champions of Health Care