For answers to frequently asked questions about the coronavirus, click here.
UPDATE: Starting March 19, the dozens of Hamilton County school sites offering meal pick-up for students while schools are closed will only be open from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information, click here.
ORIGINAL STORY: Hamilton County Schools announced Friday that the district will have designated sites throughout the community that will provide free meals for pickup for students that are in need during the closure.
Service will begin on Tuesday, March 17 and will continue through at least Friday, March 20. Plans have not been made for the week of March 23. District officials have recommended that the Hamilton County school board reschedule spring break for March 23 to 28, but the board has not finalized that decision yet.
Meals will be provided free of charge to students and families will not need to provide proof of school enrollment, income or free/reduced lunch eligibility. However, children must be present to receive the meal and extra meals cannot be provided if additional children are not present, according to district information.
Various community organizations, agencies and even individuals and small businesses in Chattanooga are also providing options for students and their families.
Hamilton County Schools
Service will begin Tuesday, March 17 through at least March 20. Breakfast will be served from 7 to 9 a.m. and lunch will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., according to Hamilton County Schools.
- Bess T Shepherd Elementary
- Harrison Elementary
- Hillcrest Elementary
- Lakeside Academy
- Ooltewah Elementary
- Snow Hill Elementary
- Wallace A Smith Elementary
- Wolftever Creek Elementary
- East Brainerd Elementary
- East Ridge Elementary
- East Side Elementary
- Spring Creek Elementary
- Allen Elementary
- Big Ridge Elementary
- Daisy Elementary
- Hixson Elementary
- McConnell Elementary
- Middle Valley Elementary
- North Hamilton County Elementary
- Soddy Elementary
- Barger Academy
- Calvin Donaldson Elementary
- Clifton Hills Elementary
- East Lake Elementary
- Hardy Elementary
- Orchard Knob Elementary
- Woodmore Elementary
- Alpine Crest Elementary
- Battle Academy
- Brown Academy
- Lookout Valley Elementary
- Nolan Elementary
- Normal Park Upper
- Red Bank Elementary
- Rivermont Elementary
Bradley County and Cleveland City Schools
Beginning Tuesday, March 17, Bradley County and Cleveland City school districts will provide drive-thru breakfast and lunch service for any child age 18 or under at six locations. Breakfast runs from 7:45 to 9 a.m. and lunch runs from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Children must be present to receive a meal.
The locations include:
- Ocoee Middle School, 2250 N Ocoee St
- Parkview Elementary, 300 Minnis Road
- Bradley County High School Food Trailer at Food City at 2310 McGrady Dr SE
- Cleveland High School, 850 Raider Drive
- Blythe-Bower Elementary, 604 20th St SE
- Candy's Creek Cherokee Elementary, 4445 Georgetown Rd NW
- College Hill Courts (Westside), 1300 Grove Street Ct
– East Lake Salvation Army, 2140 E 28th Street
- Emma Wheeler Homes, 4900 Edinburg Drive
- Highland Park Commons, 2000 Union Ave in the Pavilion
- Orchard Park Seventh Day Adventist Church, 951 N Orchard Knob Avenue
Catoosa County Public Schools
Catoosa County Public Schools will be providing meals for students while the system is closed.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for two days on Monday, March 16 and for three days on Wednesday, March 18.
On Monday, March 23, the system will provide breakfasts and lunches for the week, also distributed from the systems' three high schools.
Meal Delivery is available for families that do not have transportation. Call 706-965-0266 and provide name, address and number of children needing meals.
YMCA Mobile Fit Sites
- Archway Park
- Battery Heights, 3401 Campbell Street, Unit 709 Chattanooga, TN
- Bayberry Apartments, 2300 Wilson St.
- East Lake Courts, 2600 4th Ave
- East Lake Park, 3000 E 34th St
- Emma Wheeler Homes, 4900 Edinburg Drive
- Greenwood Homes, 3056 Dee Drive
- Highland Park Commons, 2000 Union Ave
- Renaissance Presbyterian Church, 1211 Boynton Drive Chattanooga, TN
- Soddy Daisy Community Library, 9619 Dayton Pike Suite C, Soddy-Daisy
- St. Elmo Park, 4909 St Elmo Ave
YMCA Community Sites
- Bethlehem Center, 200 W. 38th Street Chattanooga11:00am - 1:00pm
- East Lake Expression Engine/East Lake New City, 2903 E 37th Street
- Girls Inc., 4315 Brainerd Road
- Food and Fun Kitchen, 460 Dodson Ave
- J.A. Henry YMCA, 615 Derby St.
- New City Fellowship, 2424 E. 3rd Street
- North River YMCA, 4138 Hixson Pike
- Northside Neighborhood House Coffee Community Collective, 211 Minor Street
- Northside Neighborhood House at Soddy Daisy, 10161 Dayton Pk
Boys and Girls Club of Chattanooga
Two Highland Park locations will be open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., serving children breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack.
Locations are at 2312 Duncan Avenue and 2125 East 25th Street Place. Call 423-266-6131 with questions.
- Willow St. Deli, 1306 S, Willow St, Chattanooga, 423-541-6626, opened Thursday-Sunday - offering pre-packed lunches as well as a food pantry, families can call or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- New York Pizza Department, 5731 TN-153, Hixson, TN, 423-531-8830 - will provide free meal for families
- Wine Down Ooltewah, 9431 Bradmore Ln #109, Ooltewah, TN, 423-531-9463 - will free provide health lunch for school-aged children from dine-in or carry-out
- Choo Choo BBQ & Grill, 12960 US-27, Chickamauga, GA, 706-463-1225 - free meals for children during two week break
- St. Elmo United Methodist Church, 4626 St Elmo Ave, has free food pantry days on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 11 a.m. most weeks
- Chattanooga Community Kitchen, 727 E 11st Street, open daily from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Red Bank Community Food Bank at Red Bank United Methodist Church, 3800 Dayton Blvd will have food boxes for drive-thru pick-up on Thursday, March 19 from 5 to 7 p.m.
- First Baptist Church in Soddy Daisy, 10185 Dayton Pike, 423-332-2814, will have food boxes on Wednesdays
- Grace Food Bank at Calvary Chapel Hixson, 8615 Hixson Pike, 423-505-4962, food pantry is opened on Fridays from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Maple Street Biscuit Company's City Center location at 407 Broad Street in Chattanooga will have bagged lunches for children this week.
- Dallas Bay Baptist Church, 8305 Daisy Dallas Road
- East Ridge Church of Christ, 951 McBrien Road
- East Ridge Food Bank at United Methodist Church, 1601 Prater Road
- Joyful Sound Church of God, 3912 4th Avenue
- Pilgrim Cong United Church of Christ, 400 Glenwood Drive
- Red Bank Community Food Bank at Red Bank United Methodist Church, 3800 Dayton Blvd, 423-877-2881
- Silvercrest Baptist Church, 4020 Loftis Street
- Signal Mountain Social Services, 633 Mississippi Ave #2292, 423-886-5982
- Soddy Daisy Food Bank, 203 Depot Street, 423-332-1148
- Wauhatchie UMC, 3401 Cummings Highway
Contact Meghan Mangrum at email@example.com or 423-757-6592. Follow her on Twitter @memangrum.