ArtsBuild, Public Art Chattanooga and the Southeast Tennessee Development District are pleased to announce the recipients of the third round of the Artists Work Grants program. The Artists Work Grants program provides funding to artists, artist studios and nonprofit arts organizations to produce artworks for public spaces in Chattanooga. Funding for the program comes from the city of Chattanooga, Lyndhurst Foundation, Benwood Foundation and the Footprint Foundation.
About $69,000 was awarded to seven recipients in the Exhibition and Performance categories, and in Public Art.
Exhibition and Performance
- Sculpture Fields at Montague Park for "Bees, Blossoms, and Bases: A Cross-Pollination Burn at The Fields."
- Move N Groove Kidz for "Capoeira Chattanooga Presents: Dance and the Art of Capoeira" performances and classes.
- Ballet Esprit for "Plumbline Project" dance education intensive and performances.
- Evan Philip Lipson for a Double Bass Performance and Remembrance at the Enterprise South Nature Park Bunker #1.
- Anna Carll and Claire Vassort, the artist team of 2CREATE, for "Give Way to the Wind" mobile installation at the Chattanooga Airport.
- Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center for bird migration mural at the Welcome Center.
- Amanda Brazier/Amanda Brazier Studio for Gaining Ground Grocery Murals.
ArtsBuild's mission is to build a stronger community through the arts.