Chattanooga High School Center for Creative Arts students were temporarily evacuated from their classes this morning because of a nearby brush fire.
The smoke seeped into the air condition ventilators, said Assistant Principal Cathy Carroccio. The students were promptly evacuated until fire fighters were able to sweep the building and put out the nearby fire.
Several teachers standing around their students outside said when they heard the fire alarms they thought it was a drill, until one group of students smelled smoke.
As students were told to come back inside around 11:50 a.m., they asked Carroccio what all the fuss was about.