* Year established: Pinnacle began in 2000 and acquired CapitalMark Bank in Chattanooga in 2015.
* Employees: 2,815, including 112 in Chattanooga
* Milestones: Pinnacle is a financial services firm providing banking, trust, investment, mortgage and insurance products and services to consumers and businesses in Alabama, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. In 2000, the firm's founders promised associates and clients it would be "more than just a bank." Pinnacle brought that promise to Chattanooga when it acquired CapitalMark Bank, and Pinnacle has more than doubled local deposits since, to become the fourth biggest bank in the metro area with more than $1.3 billion of deposits, operating last year with just three branches in the market. Pinnacle promises distinctive service and effective advice and it has done so by hiring only experienced bankers in key roles. The firm's quick and decisive response to the pandemic, which 97 percent of associates deemed as very favorable or favorable, has underscored the firm's associate- and client-centric approach.
* Why this is a Best Place to Work: Pinnacle's annual report outlines its commitment to associates this way: "Part of our commitment to people is a belief that everyone deserves a great place to work. It's part of our calling. With excited associates who are the best at what they do, the result is highly engaged clients, which in turn, creates long-term shareholder return." All of Pinnacle's non-commissioned associates are eligible for cash incentives based on firm-wide goals. Every Pinnacle associate also receives stock awards when hired and again annually. Leadership provides regular updates on performance and strategies, ensuring associates feel valued and know how they contribute to the firm's overall success. While the firm is serious about meeting its financial performance, the company brags that it is also a place where celebrating and having fun are encouraged. One of the five tenets of The Pinnacle Way is "Laugh Out Loud."
* Quotable: "Everyone wins together," Pinnacle's philosophy of employment.
* How these Best Places to Work made the list
* Best Places to Work 2022: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Chattanooga
* Best Places to Work 2022: Cempa Community Care
* Best Places to Work 2022: Colonial Chemical, Inc.
* Best Places to Work 2022: InfoSystems
* Best Places to Work 2022: Market Street Partners
* Best Places to Work 2022: Mauldin & Jenkins
* Best Places to Work 2022: Reliance Partners
* Best Places to Work 2022: Steam Logistics
* Best Places to Work 2022: StratusGrid
* Best Places to Work 2022: Tennessee American Water
* Best Places to Work 2022: Text Request
* Best Places to Work 2022: Warren & Griffin P.C.