Hundreds of people start new businesses in Chattanooga each year. About half of them make it through the first five years. And most don't make it past the 10-year threshold. We take a look at five leading legacy companies in the Scenic City -- businesses that have developed products or ideas that have stood the test of time and continue to thrive today.
* Built to last: Chattanooga Bakery
* Built to last: Coca-Cola Bottling
* Built to last: Chattanooga Times Free Press
* Built to last: Krystal Restaurants
* Starting a business: 5 things I wish I knew
* Show of support: A guide to entrepreneurial resources in the Scenic City