published Tuesday, July 27th, 2010

Bredesen gets high marks

By Tom Humphrey

humphreyt@knoxnews.com

NASHVILLE — Gov. Phil Bredesen, the titular head of the Democratic Party in Tennessee, won a favorable rating from 74 percent of Tennesseans in a statewide poll commissioned by the Tennessee Newspaper Network and WBIR-TV, Channel 10.

But the titular head of the national Democratic Party, President Barack Obama, is held in similar esteem by just 34 percent of Tennesseans, according to the survey by Mason-Dixon Polling & Research.

Bredesen, who is winding up his second four-year term and is barred by the state constitution from seeking another term, was given an “excellent” rating by 26 percent of all respondents while another 48 percent rated his performance as good, for the combined 74 percent favorable total. Only 7 percent labeled Bredesen’s performance as “poor.”

3
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
FM_33 said...

I wish that Gov. Phil Bredesen would run another term in office.

Phil helped save a lot of money for this state and some of us are scared about what kind of future that the RNC will bring to this place when they resume control over the seat after he is dismissed from the post.

The future is blank and i guess we will have to wait and see.

July 27, 2010 at 7:42 p.m.
UU4Life said...

I am a Democrat strongly considering voting for Zach Wamp Because of several of Gov. Bredesen's policies. I am not happy with the statewide ban on smoking although I don't smoke. To me this just Screams totalitarian rule! The same goes for the seat-belt law. Benjamin Franklin said: "They who would give up essential liberty, to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither." If the good Lord wants you in heaven your seat belt won't save you. He;'ll send a bus through your front door ok? I also don't agree with the governor's method of stamping out meth because it hurts the innocent by making certain LEGAL drugs inaccessible to law abiding folks who need them.

July 28, 2010 at 10:45 a.m.
FM_33 said...

The whole internet system here in the United States is run from a CIA office in Signal Mountain TN.

They also contract with the US Military the basic 250.000 MHRZ wave freqency that they run it on is very powerful. Also a short wave * Alpha Ditrot Radio * does the rest as a filter and acts as a firewall to stop an incoming scamp virus that might infect the main fame.

If you don't believe this check this file in at the library of congress in Washington DC and the file is under the sub text ( Alpha Internet Computer System ) or AICS and the file number is.

Class C File Unclassified Route File # 25452-14547-03 Pages: 520 Index: 43 By: United States Army Intelligence Washington DC Dept: Computer internet division Intro By: Gen. Colin Powell Year: 1984

If you do get a chance to read it you will never allow a computer voting system like DIEBOT to take over the old fashion way of doing it by paper ballot.

  • Vote Paper Ballot Only IN Each And Every Election *
July 28, 2010 at 5:41 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.