• Keep them topical and short (25 words or less).
• Please include your name.
• Send to: Rant, P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-668-5058; or e-mail: email@example.com
• Keep them topical, short (200 words or less), legible and not more often than one every 30 days. Letters may be edited for clarity and length
• Must be signed with name, address and telephone number.
• Send to: Editorial page editor (either Times or Free Press), P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-757-6383; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is my annual A.D.D. list of random things I am thankful, and not so thankful, for this year:
It's that time of year again — gift-shopping time. Happy Black Friday, people.
For 55 years, Mary Carpenter thought she was an only child.
We all are going to be Thankful on Thursday. And that's great.
This mess just to Tennessee's southern border in the Alabama special election between Republican Roy Moore and Democrat Doug Jones...
Gen. George Patton was unsurpassed in delivering motivating speeches to his troops.
At a restaurant in Charlottesville, Va., I accidentally bumped into a man and said "Excuse me."
If there's one type of governing body that generates the most open meetings questions to my help line, it's school...
Among Revolutionary War heroes buried in Tennessee, Return Jonathan Meigs stands out for the many ways he served his country.
Our 11-year-old son said one of his assignments in fifth grade last week was to write down three traits about...
We no longer gather around Grandma's table and hold hands for the blessing.
The Rotary Club of Chattanooga Hamilton Place has ongoing community projects, and the most recent service project fell on Halloween...
Well, how was your week?
Following the end of World War II, Republican and Democratic parties embraced two key principles.
One in three folks over 50 who need a colonoscopy fail to have one. That's nuts. It's easier than it's...
The headline was clear: "The Hamilton County Commission votes unanimously to accept the school board's facilities plan."
Colin Kaepernick was named GQ magazine's "Citizen of the Year" for his social statements.
In the fall of 1976, part of my duties as a senior cadet at the Air Force Academy included evaluating...
Two horrific acts of evil, one recent and one 16 years ago, produced a staggering loss of innocent life —...
For some reason, HGTV has become a generational flashpoint.
One year ago this week, Will Hunt's heart gave out.