• Keep them topical and short (25 words or less).
• Please include your name.
• Send to: Rant, P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-668-5058; or e-mail: email@example.com
• Keep them topical, short (200 words or less), legible and not more often than one every 30 days. Letters may be edited for clarity and length
• Must be signed with name, address and telephone number.
• Send to: Editorial page editor (either Times or Free Press), P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-757-6383; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you spend $90 a year on your son or daughter's school safety? Your grandson's or granddaughter's school safety? The well-being of a niece or nephew?
No Hamilton County Schools parent wants to imagine their child could suffer the fate that 17 students did on Feb. 14 during a fatal shooting at a high school in Parkland, Fla., but how many will step up and ask for their taxes to be raised, or other services lessened, to pay for additional safety measures?