• Keep them topical and short (25 words or less).
• Please include your name.
• Send to: Rant, P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-668-5058; or e-mail: email@example.com
• Keep them topical, short (200 words or less), legible and not more often than one every 30 days. Letters may be edited for clarity and length
• Must be signed with name, address and telephone number.
• Send to: Editorial page editor (either Times or Free Press), P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-757-6383; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
It has been increasingly evident that the Republican Party is falling apart, a victim of its rabid right minority, despite majorities in both chambers of Congress.
U.S. Rep. Scott DesJarlais, R-South Pittsburg, one of the 30 to 40 members of the U.S. House Freedom Caucus at the center of turmoil over the next speaker of the House, said Friday he didn't believe it is a stretch to think the next speaker could be a conservative Republican, not an establishment Republican.