* Boyd-Buchanan: Chase Reed rushed for 127 yards, the majority on a second-quarter 90-yard TD run, and kicked a 27-yard field goal in the Buccaneers’ 25-0 shutout of Notre Dame.
* Bradley Central: Bryce Copeland had two TD passes and 236 yards in a 19-26-0 passing night but the Bears came up short — and fell to 3-2 — in an unexpected 17-14 loss to Loudon.
* Brainerd: Filling in for an injured teammate, Joseph Derrick completed eight of 13 passes for 93 yards and scored the Panthers’ lone TD in a 34-8 loss to Austin-East.
* Central: LaDarius Jackson and DeHart Hubbard threw TD passes but the Pounders fell to 3-2 with a 40-14 loss at South Pittsburg.
* Chattanooga Christian: His performance was overlooked because of the lopsided 58-14 score in a loss to Signal Mountain, but quarterback Jared Swafford threw for 362 yards (20-43-1) and two TDs.
* Cleveland: In his final 2010 game, quarterback Chad Voytik ran for 76 yards and passed for 131 in a 31-7 loss to Red Bank. Voytik, a junior, reportedly suffered a compound fracture of the index finger on his right (passing) hand.
* Dade County: John Hampton scored four TDs and rushed for 168 yards and backfield mate David Page added 126 yards on 11 carries and the game-winning score as the Wolverines moved to 4-0 with a three-overtime win at Gordon Central.
* East Hamilton: Logan Jackson rushed for 77 yards and a TD but the Hurricanes lost to Pope John Paul II 34-17.
* East Ridge: Still recovering from a sprained ankle, Chase Steele ran for 109 yards and a pair of TDs as the Pioneers bested Sweetwater 27-7 for their second straight win.
* Grace Academy: Louis Savard had five tackles, an interception and a fumble recovery in the Golden Eagles’ 27-7 victory over Silverdale Baptist.
* Grundy County: Johnny Cook scored a pair and Destin Nunley rushed for 112 yards as the Yellowjackets moved within a game of .500 (2-3) with a 21-12 win over Stone Memorial.
* Howard: Quarterback Thomas McCauley rushed 12 times for 87 yards but the Tigers were held scoreless and suffered their first loss of the season (35-0 to Alcoa).
* Hixson: Randy Boyd is considered a pass receiving threat but it was the senior’s 50-yard run in the third quarter that lifted the Wildcats to a 21-14 win at DeKalb County. It was the Wildcats’ first win of the season.
* Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe: Daniel Deocampo ran for 122 yards and scored twice but the Warriors surrendered a 14-0 lead and fell to North Murray 35-21.
* Lookout Valley: Van Xcribner threw a 13-yard TD pass and turned in scoring runs of 5 and 21 yards in the Yellow Jackets’ 41-22 victory over Taft Youth Center.
* Marion County: Caden Shadrick threw for 99 yards but the Warriors were outmanned 31-8 by Sequatchie County.
* McCallie: Trent Lusk threw three touchdown passes and 353 yards and also scored on a 1-yard run but the Blue Tornado fell 43-33 to Montgomery Bell Academy.
* Meigs County: The Tigers got their second win in a row after opening 0-for-4 and Travis Savage was a ringleader, scoring three TDs and rushing for 192 yards on 10 carries (19.2 ypc).
* North Jackson: Zac Barnard opened and closed the scoring with is first and fourth TD passes and completed 13 of 18 passes with no interceptions for 354 yards in the unbeaten Chiefs’ 62-15 victory over R.A. Hubbard.
* North Murray: Brady Swilling rushed for three touchdowns and 173 yards and completed eight of 18 passes for 192 yards and two more scores as the Mountaineers rallied from behind and handed Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe its fifth straight loss, 35-21.
* Northwest Whitfield: Alex Heard and Matt Allen scored but the Bruins came up short for the fourth time this season, losing 45-15 to Chattanoochee.
* Notre Dame: Jeremy Deocampo rushed for 55 yards on just seven carries but the Irish finished with a net 35 rushing yards in a 25-0 loss to Boyd-Buchanan.
* Ooltewah: Randall Freeman recorded 11 tackles but the Owls lost their third straight, 23-0 at Nashville Maplewood.
* Polk County: Derrick Saxe ran for 268 yards including TD romps of 94 and 71 yards as the Wildcats improved to 4-1 by bumping off Walker Valley 49-14.
* Red Bank: Randall Lee rushed for 174 yards and a TD as the Lions surprised Cleveland 31-7.
* Sequatchie County: Hunter Lewis rushed for three TDs and picked up 226 yards on 15 carries as the Indians bested Marion County 31-8.
* Signal Mountain: Playing just the first two quarters, quarterback Hogan Whitmire completed six of eight passes for 256 yards and four TDs as the Eagles posted their sixth win of the year and scored all of their points in the first half in a 58-14 win over Chattanooga Christian.
* Silverdale Baptist: Will Amos scored the Seahawks’ only TD in a 27-7 loss to neighbor Grace Academy.
* South Pittsburg: Raquis Hale rushed for 118 yards and two TDs as South Pittsburg built a 40-0 lead en route to a 40-14 win over Central.
* St. Andrew’s-Sewanee: Seth Burns scored first- and third-quarter TDs and SAS held on for a 14-12 win over King’s Academy.
* Trion: Austin McGraw scored a pair of TDs as the Bulldogs outrushed visiting Mt. Zion 249-45 en route to a 56-14 region victory over Mt. Zion.
* Walker Valley: Kelvin Wells finally got loss for an 85-yard TD run in the fourth quarter and it was a run that capped a 204-yard rushing night. The Mustangs fell, however, to Polk County 49-14.
Ward Gossett is an assistant sports editor and writer for the Times Free Press. Ward has a long history in Chattanooga journalism. He actually wrote a bylined story for the Chattanooga News-Free Press as a third-grader. He Began working part-time there in 1968 and was hired full time in 1970. Ward now covers high school athletics, primarily football, wrestling and baseball and University of Tennessee at Chattanooga wrestling. Over a 40-year career, he has covered ...