• Name: Flower Branch
• Location: Givens Road, off East Brainerd Road
• Status: Ten homes have been sold out of 33 total lots, and two more are under contract. Three houses are under construction with work about to commence on two more.
• Price: Homes range in price from $200,000 to $273,000, for a range of 1,450 to 2,500 square feet, according to Realtor Geoff Ramsey. The price includes an average of three to four bedrooms and 21⁄2 baths.
• Features: These family-style houses come with the usual granite countertops, tile kitchens and bathrooms and wood floors. But builders have also added special touches like coffered, tray and other specialty ceilings as well as extensive molding and wainscoting. Nine-foot ceilings and eight-foot doorways give the home a grand atmosphere. Each home’s oversized two-car garage has room for workbenches and jet-skis, as well as two cars. Exteriors are stone- or brick-fronted, with Hardie siding. Generous decks, walk-in closets and jacuzzis add luxury not typically found in the price range. Bronze fixtures, arched entryways and recessed lighting come standard.
• Amenities: Decorative wrought-iron mailboxes and street lamps line the road. Houses come with built-in security systems and Low-E windows, as well as the EPB Energy Right package.
• Developer: J.D. Lee
• Builder: G.T. Issa Construction
• Contact: Geoff Ramsey — 227-5564
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...