Banks, government facilities
Banks, post offices and most businesses and government services will be closed in observance of the Fourth of July holiday. Below is a list of other closings related to the Fourth.
• All road construction-related lane closures will be suspended through 6 a.m. Tuesday.
• CARTA’s fixed-route bus service and North Shore Shuttle service will not operate on Monday. The Downtown Shuttle and Care-a-Van services will operate on a holiday schedule, running from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. All CARTA services will resume regular schedules on Tuesday.
• The Lookout Mountain Incline Railway will be open from 8:30 a.m. until 9:30 p.m.
• Hamilton County auto emissions testing centers will be closed through Monday, reopening for regularly scheduled testing Tuesday.
• Hamilton County’s garbage and recyclable collection will continue on its regular schedule. The county’s refuse collection centers will also operate as normal.
• Dalton-Whitfield Solid Waste Authority facilities, including the Old Dixie Landfill & Convenience Center and the McGaughey Chapel, Westside and M.L. King Convenience Centers, will be closed Monday. All locations will be open Tuesday, and normal operating hours will resume Wednesday.
• East Ridge will not collect garbage Monday. Addresses with Monday garbage collection north of Ringgold Road to the interstate will be serviced Tuesday. Those south of Ringgold Road to the state line will be serviced Wednesday.
• Hamilton Place and Northgate malls will close at 6 p.m. Monday.